One Channel averaging LESS subscribers?!

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So, I was actually in the minority of people looking forward to the change of the One Channel design. I thought a fresh start would be a good thing. I liked the idea of having more content available for users to choose from on the page. Sure, I didn't think the design was as clean as it could be, but overall I was ok with it. However, over the past few days since switching to the new One Channel design, I've noticed a significant decrease in subscribers. We instantly went from averaging 5 new subscribers down to 1, and even 0 yesterday. Now, I understand that every channel has fluctuations (and we certainly do), but I eventually switched back and immediately noticed more subscribers coming in.

Maybe people aren't used to the new layout? Maybe our videos haven't been as good. Maybe our big ol' "Subscribe" button on our channel just averages us more subscribers than One Channel. Who knows... But all I can say is we are going to be sicking with the old design for as long as we can, and I'm not looking forward to the near future when YouTube finally forces us to change.

Has anyone else noticed a change in their subscribers since switching to One Channel?

Reactions: Itskamren

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I actually lose subscribers every day now, but I doubt it's the new layout.

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I actually lose subscribers every day now, but I doubt it's the new layout.
Yeah, it's hard to tell... I definitely feel like it's the new layout for us. I just think it's less obvious when you land on the new One Channel that you can actually subscribe to the channel. I could easily see how views might go up (because there are so many videos). Right now with the old layout, when people go to our channel there's a huge yellow Subscribe button staring them in the face.

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
mine have actually been coming in more since i switched over i think people really like my new banner lol

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
We've been on the new layout for 5 weeks. It's really hard to say exactly what the layout is responsible for because we are always growing. Our 30 day average before switching to the new layout was just under 300 new subs per day. Right now, our 30 day average is 413 new subs per day. Obviously that kind of growth isn't due to the new layout, but you can definitely see that it hasn't hurt us at all.

Barbaroes

Xbox Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I've noticed it aswell! Then again it's only been 2 days so this could just be normal.

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We've been on the new layout for 5 weeks. It's really hard to say exactly what the layout is responsible for because we are always growing. Our 30 day average before switching to the new layout was just under 300 new subs per day. Right now, our 30 day average is 413 new subs per day. Obviously that kind of growth isn't due to the new layout, but you can definitely see that it hasn't hurt us at all.
Cool! Thanks for answering. Yeah, maybe I should just stick it out a bit more to see if it's not just a normal dip. I just panicked a little when right after changing I noticed the change and wanted to get other people's thoughts when it comes to their channel. P.S. 400 new subs a day is awesome! Congrats on your success so far. I hope we can get there one day.

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
One thing I don't like is that the subscribe button to the left and on the bottom of the banner. The old layout has it right across the username which is easier to find, in my opinion. I'm a bit afraid that viewers who don't know anything about the new Youtube layout will not be able to see the subscribe button because it's out of sight compared to the old layout. Maybe Youtube will give viewers/visitors a tour about how the layout is supposed to look like because I'm sure a lot of people don't know about the change yet.

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
One thing I don't like is that the subscribe button is smaller, to the left and on the bottom of the banner. The old layout has it right across the username which is easier to find, in my opinion. I'm a bit afraid that viewers who don't know anything about the new Youtube layout will not be able to see the subscribe button because it's so out of sight compared to the old layout. I wish they would give viewers/visitors a tour about how the layout is supposed to look like because I'm sure a lot of people don't know about the change yet.
Yes, I feel the exact same way. Especially since our viewers are younger, I feel like unless we have a huge Subscribe button for them to click, they aren't even going to know how to subscribe to our channel. I just wish the banner was clickable :( I feel like that would help. *lesigh*

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I've been about the same and I haven't even put a banner up yet lol