Once every 2 weeks?

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is uploading once every 2 weeks enough? I've changed my style and with the new style, it's very weather dependant.. So if it rains one weekend, no video that weekend.

I hope I'm not digging myself a hole so to speak.

Reactions: Ocean Chan

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How often you upload isn't really the main thing, it's how good your content is that really matters. I used to do a different style of content that required me to take a considerable amount of time filming and editing before waiting for my ancient internet speed to finally get the upload done, and I still managed to keep my audience entertained. I think what's important is that your content quality is as good as it can be, and that you stay dedicated to what you love doing. I wouldn't worry about upload frequency.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As well as what's said above, consistency is key. If you're starting out, every 2 weeks is fine as long as you keep to the schedule. Once you're famous, upload whenever the hell you want *cough*jontron*cough*

Reactions: daniel burgio

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is uploading once every 2 weeks enough? I've changed my style and with the new style, it's very weather dependant.. So if it rains one weekend, no video that weekend.

I hope I'm not digging myself a hole so to speak.
Two weeks is fine - as posts above have said - make sure your content is good.

My videos take a long time to make and weather dependant too.
When i firsted started i did weekly uploads, growth was great but it was too much work.
I switched to fortnightly uploads - the growth is slower, but i have been able to stay motivated and i am able to spend more time editing and making quality content.

Dont worry about analytics, channel types like ours cant compete with channels that do daily uploads - even your weekly upload isnt enough. So thats why its more important to take your time

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
To chime in with what others have said here how often you upload isnt as important as how good your content actually is.

Realistically if you have the choice of upload once a week but it be rubbish or you upload once a fortnight and it be brilliant i'd say go with the latter :) though it also may be a good idea to look into your production process to see if there is any area of your workflow that could maybe be refined to let you save time. that way you might be able to achieve high content and quicker turnaround times :)

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Everyone is saying that "how good your content is" is as/more important than frequent uploading.. but, nobody is saying HOW we determine that the content is 'good'..
Are we assuming that it's good if it gets a lot of comments, thumbs up/down, shares, views ??
What/who determines that your content is "good" or not?

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone is saying that "how good your content is" is as/more important than frequent uploading.. but, nobody is saying HOW we determine that the content is 'good'..
Are we assuming that it's good if it gets a lot of comments, thumbs up/down, shares, views ??
Thats true.
I think the word should be "entertaining"
A meme video that is 20 secs long is not "good" but it is entertaining
A well made amateur documentary on cars is "good" but may not be entertaining

Entertaining things will get views and shares

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I would say the content is good if it meets two criteria:

First and foremost that its successful from a statistical standpoint. Views, comments and good watch time retention are a good indication of this...if you have 100,000 organic views on your videos and a near 100% retention time then the videos successful regardless of its contents, thats the kind of content that makes people come and stay with you.

The second is a bit more snobbish but it is a good measuring stick and thats technical proficiency. if your video looks amazing and follows the rules and practices of film making/ narrative structure all the while showing proficent use of audio and visual film making then your video would be a success from a technical standpoint...even if it doesnt necissarily get much recognition for that.

the secret I would say is finding the sweet spot between the middle of these two points. all the while balancing a consistent schedule is the key to proper success here...

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I would say the content is good if it meets two criteria:

First and foremost that its successful from a statistical standpoint. Views, comments and good watch time retention are a good indication of this...if you have 100,000 organic views on your videos and a near 100% retention time then the videos successful regardless of its contents, thats the kind of content that makes people come and stay with you.

The second is a bit more snobbish but it is a good measuring stick and thats technical proficiency. if your video looks amazing and follows the rules and practices of film making/ narrative structure all the while showing proficent use of audio and visual film making then your video would be a success from a technical standpoint...even if it doesnt necissarily get much recognition for that.

the secret I would say is finding the sweet spot between the middle of these two points. all the while balancing a consistent schedule is the key to proper success here...
I’m second point all the way! Really if you are satisfied then others will be too

Reactions: TYTD