Older outdated videos continue to get views, while new ones dont.

hoobagames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I created my game first look channel in 2013, i only had 4 videos back then. After several videos I put it aside for like 4 years until now i just pick it back up. when i got back to it i saw that those video accumulated 10K+ views all together, the video with the highest view had 4K+ views. Those videos content were any better than my new videos, I didnt even speak in those videos, and the contents are outdated, several games already off the market, or nobody plays anymore. But they still get views once in awhile. I didnt do any thing different back then, the only thing difference was that I used to have a blogspot for my channel, I posted those video on by blog, but my blog doesnt get any visitors, I doubt my blog drove any viewers here. So why my outdated videos still get views but my new ones dont?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe it has some nostalgia to it? or maybe it has become Retro?
I also have some old videos that still get stable views. I don´t complain about that though, As I like that people still watch my videos!
But it´s sad that it affects the new videos!

hoobagames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe it has some nostalgia to it? or maybe it has become Retro?
I also have some old videos that still get stable views. I don´t complain about that though, As I like that people still watch my videos!
But it´s sad that it affects the new videos!
I certainly dont complain, they keep getting me views is a good thing. Just wondering why tho, if the blogspot really has any thing to do with it? or because the videos accumlated more views so youtube decided to make the more views video more visible to public?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could the old videos be doing better SEO wise??? Maybe they rank high on specific keywords???