Old Video Has Copyrighted Music

VladKluk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I only started making videos with the serious intent of entertaining people within the last couple months. A year ago I made some short videos with some friends for GISHWES (a competition, I'd recommend looking it up, it's very cool) and the song Don't Stop Believin' was put in one of them. I haven't turned on monetization for my channel yet because I'm scared that if I do this'll cause problems. I'd also rather not take down that video, so here's the question: am I likely to run in to trouble if I leave it up and monetize my videos? Could I just not monetize that one? I'm sorry, this question is kind of all over the place. I think what I'm really asking is "What would you do?" in my situation. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sid

So..... Come here often?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, If your worried about getting a strike on your channel, Try changing the music or taking it down and maybe change the music.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can just not monetize it. However that doesn't mean it won't still come up as a strike some day...or it might never. But just one strike isn't the end of your channel. I'd leave it on if it's getting decent traffic, that can help the rest of your channel.