oh youtube is getting frustrating! now vids wont upload to 4k

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
so I record in 4k and upload in 4k and guess what! now youtube is only uploading them to 1080p.

I serious dont know what is going on with youtube lately. Is there a setting or something I can check?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
sooo im thinking youtube is going through some emotions lol. I think there was 3 videos that never got to 4k. it was about a week ago (scheduled) now its back at uploading at 4k

not too long ago, I made a post about my videos taking almost 3 full days to reach 1080p to 4k.....now its back to normal and reaching 4k within 10 mins. I am not sure what is up to you but for now everything is back to normal...so is 4k. Sad 3 of my videos never made to 4k. all good though

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have found it really does vary on upload day (but not time weirdly)

Mon to Thurs and Sunday and the YT servers process the 4k footage real quick and its up in no time.

Fri/Sat upload and the process takes forever, server traffic must be huge those days. 1080p will be up in around 15 minutes but our 4k can take houuuuurs :down::spin:

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have only experienced similar issues when an upload is interrupted for internet connection or power loss. But very rare cases for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk