Oddly placed adverts?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

We all know that YT is working on improving the Ad placements but still has a long way to go!

I watched Wu Tang Clan - Gravel Pit to be greeted with an 'Always Ultra' ladies product advert?
From there I watched Warren G - Regulate and was greeted with a 'Pampers' Baby product advert?

Have you come across some oddly placed adverts?

EVO

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you the only one using your pc? Maybe it's changed now but adsense ads appear based on your browsing history, for example I visit lots of sites in automotive category, so 90% of the times I see adsense ads related to cars

Reactions: markkaz

Misha's Toys & More

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A while ago there was this movie promo running before many kid videos here in Indonesia. It was your classic Asian style horror movie complete with a creepy woman climbing out of a closet with long hair covering her face. Most of the time ads are pretty random here but this was a serious overlook IMHO. It gave me nightmares, how about those poor little kids!

Last edited:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you the only one using your pc? Maybe it's changed now but adsense ads appear based on your browsing history, for example I visit lots of sites in automotive category, so 90% of the times I see adsense ads related to cars
I watched from my phone and I dont seek these items..

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
adverts can also be on videos because they are targeted to the target audience or majority audience of those videos.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ads target the user and are not always based on the channel/video being watched.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've had a few adverts that just seem really odd, especially when they're not even in english.. YT is crazy sometimes LOL

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know this is a first world problem, but I hate it when I put on a playlist of music and fifteen minute ads start playing between songs lol : D

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
All I ever get is the "Wix build a website!" advert. I'd love an ad change. I saw a teddybear cookie advert on my friends computer. Why can't I get a teddybear ad instead of Wix? :(

Altho a ladies feminine products is pretty random. I'd trade ya if I could! ^_^