Obs studio

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
does anyone use obs studio, if so how good is it? Also does it have to be on the same screen the game is on or could be on my second screen

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Doesn't have to be on the same screen the game is on. I've used OBS in the past takes a bit of resource on the computer so make sure you have good Ram & CPU power. If your just recording then uploaded and not live to stream, I would recommend Bandicam the cost isn't too high for it if you are willing to spend like $30 for it. However if your Budget is $0 then yeah go for OBS Studio, it isn't bad software especially for starting out. Main reason I don't like it is that all my audio is set into one track while in Bandicam I can separate my audio into 2 different tracks which make it easier for when I want to edit the audio such as noise reduction.

Reactions: NastyMcRib

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've never used OBS for recording but for streaming OBS is the best ever. I can run my elgato through it so my stream can have overlays and such. As the above poster said Bandicam is really good for recording. I've used it for years for pc things but it does cost money. It has a free version but you can only record up to 10 min at a time and the video will have a watermark.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use it for my speed edit videos and I highly recommend it. I can record at whatever FPS/video quality my computer can handle and that is really good for my speed art work. Plus, it's 100% free. 10/10 recommend.

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
Typically I use GeForce share to record my gameplay, but certain games it won't record so I needed something else to cover those games.

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
For just recording your screen OBS is great! No watermarks or short time limits and it's free.

It took me a little while to work some things out. I was trying to record using the game capture and it was giving me so much trouble. But window capture no problems at all, yet at least haha.

Reaction score
I have tried OBS Studio and I can't get my head around it. The video file can't be uploaded straight to YouTube :-(

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use OBS Studio myself right now. I actually really enjoy it. The video quality is solid, the sound thing can be the only draw back as indicated above. It does single track audio, when other things can dual track a bit better. I had to do a few dry runs of recording to figure out how to lower audio to a certain point, but keep game audio high. Even the mic placement was crucial at times. After a bit of practice it became easier. I use OBS for my streaming also, so easy to do and use for that.

NastyMcRib

Reaction score
Channel Type
I use OBS Studio myself right now. I actually really enjoy it. The video quality is solid, the sound thing can be the only draw back as indicated above. It does single track audio, when other things can dual track a bit better. I had to do a few dry runs of recording to figure out how to lower audio to a certain point, but keep game audio high. Even the mic placement was crucial at times. After a bit of practice it became easier. I use OBS for my streaming also, so easy to do and use for that.

I haven't used it for streaming yet. And was wondering about that as far as quality, but I haven't heard anything bad yet. Maybe after a little while I'll upgrade to bandicam