OBS skipping frames

Cheaty

Hey, i was recording south park: the stick of truth with OBS and when i was done i noticed the whole video was skipping. Like 50% of the frames sometimes, its not laggy just skips allot of frames. But this only happens at this game, and computer was running at 40% when i was recording. I dont understand what is wrong, i even tried to prioritize OBS on my computer but nothing changed. I have recorded many games that my computer barley can run and OBS recording is fine. So i am pretty sure its not my computer that is "struggling". Can the game itself be the problem? If you have any idea or tips to fix this please tell me! Thanks in advance.

Edit: i can upload a video if that will help!

Is it doing that when you played it on a video player like VLC? Try rendering it on Sony vegas or After effects first and see if it's still skipping. Since usually the video skips when the video player is lagging or having a hard time rendering the codecs.

I have tried it in VLC, and in countless other programs. But i will try uploading it to youtube and see if the problem is still there.[DOUBLEPOST=1484131678,1484131593][/DOUBLEPOST]Will try to render aswell.[DOUBLEPOST=1484132186][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow! i uploaded to youtube and its completly fine. Can you explain to me why this is happening?[DOUBLEPOST=1484132246][/DOUBLEPOST]Did not understand what you meant by: hard time rendering codecs.[DOUBLEPOST=1484132357][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, nvm. The problem is still there..[DOUBLEPOST=1484132488][/DOUBLEPOST]I am not saying this to promote, but can you check out the video i just posted? You can see the problem at 1:15

You're spamming comments really quickly. You can just edit it if you want to add more details.

Also, can you add the time where it skips? Because the video seems fine to me

Yeah, I saw that too. It's not really skipping frames but rather shaking. It's probably because you have a browser opened in the background with a lot of tabs opened which eats up your PC's power.

Thanks i will try that out :) Thought everything was fine because computer was basically running at 40%

Okay, so now i have no clue what is going on. Problem still there at 1080p but when i ran it at 360p it was fine.

Ah, I get it. Can you show me the "video" and "output" settings tab on your OBS? What's your editing program also? I need to see the render settings and such.

Back