Obs is laggy

Jacob looper

Reaction score
I really wanna be able to do pc gaming, but I can't afford a screen recorder, and obs is extremely laggy, i don't even know how I record anything besides display capture, I could really use some assistance please

Reactions: ColdCoastGaming

ColdCoastGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey man, it's kinda hard to give you advice without knowing anything about your rig. This can affect performance more than OBS settings.

I use OBS Studio and record lag free at 1080p 60FPS (check out the channel, in particular the Quake/Wolfenstein vids to see what I mean). You wanna make sure you're using the hardware encoder for recording and your bitrate is set to between 8000 - 12000 (I record at 12000).

I don't use display capture option either. I use GAME CAPTURE and make sure to set it to capture WINDOW ONLY (you can then specify that you only wanna record the window that's opened by the game executable). I've posted a screenshot below of my settings. Hope this helps, if you have any questions I will try my best to answer them for you.

My Specs
Intel i5 3570k
Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX 4GB
8gb RAM
Windows 7 Pro
250GB SSD + 2TB Hybrid HDD

EDIT :- Also, check out the guide on these forums for fixing your channel link on your profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfessionalRik

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Personally if you can i would highly recommend Shadowplay over OBS i am aware that's probably not the answer you want but it is miles better for me.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
another free software is gameshow, its way easyer to use and you can use it on youtube gaming/twitch/hitbox

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
OBS works well in my PC except it has some setting problems (which really ruins my day). So I use BANDICAM, it is so fast and efficient. It lags not so much. Most of the high graphic games, it can record 85% - 95% efficiently.