OBS Help

mumblez207

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay so I have tried almost every setting change and youtube video and I have no Idea where to go with this because my OBS will lag when I am not lagging in the game itself and sometimes it is fine in OBS but not youtube when i stream. Is my computer just not built for streaming or is there something I am missing? Any reccomendations?

mumblez207

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i tried nvenc and it was worse than x264 which i thought was weird and i didnt try the two pass coding

mumblez207

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core 4.2 GHz
16gb ram
ssd
idk they graphics card but not super high end

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, the FX CPUs are showing their age these days unfortunately. The NVENC might have been worse if you were using an AMD GPU or if your Nvidia GPU isn't that good. Your system might not be build for streaming but there might be some tweaks you can make, I just don't know what they'd be.

You might want to look up the OBS system requirements.

Even with an 8350 I had to switch from h264 to NVENC to avoid some lag (but my GPU is a 980ti) & stuttering that was occurring in some videos. My CPU usage with OBS went from like 30-40% down to an average of 5% since it uses the GPU for most of the work. Might be time to grab yourself a Ryzen.