OBS HELP...

KYLEX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Hi all i need some help,

I am playing around with OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) I only started using it last night so am very new to it, I have figured out how to record my gameplay and I have managed to get my camera to work on it too.

I don't seem to be able to get the OBS screen to record my browser page, I have seen it done a number of times but i have tried everything but no luck, am I doing something wrong or is it something that I need to change settings for. any help would be gratefully received.

thanks for listening and please help if you are able to. many thanks

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I also had trouble recording the browser in OBS, so I chose that it should record the whole screen instead.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Recording the entire screen is indeed the best choice if you have to record a browser window

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just to be sure, window capture didn't work? and I forget, does obs have a screen area capture? I've tried display capture myself and it's very taxing on even my powerful pc.

Also, try running it as the administrator. That sometimes works magic.

Reaction score
I often find that when you need to record the browser it would best be done just recording the whole screen. Just make sure you don't broadcast any unwanted content ;)

KYLEX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Ok all, thanks so much for all your help, i had used that capture before but got confused by the weird never ending mirror thing that came up, just realised that you cannot see the recording as you need to be browsing for it to work. sorry like i said i am so new to all this.

thanks again for your help.