OBS Help

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys, i did my most recent video on OBS and i turned on facecam, and the webcam became horribly laggy, and i had to edit a lot out, does anyone know how to fix this?

Also I keep getting this problem on OBS as well (pic below)

Its very frustrating as when I come off OBS I don't have that problem but when i am on it, it's suddenly starting doing this and i don't know why, any help would be appreciated

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK, so my first recommendation is downloading OBS Studio, I used the Normal OBS for awhile and studio fixes a lot of issues.

now, are you using windows or Mac?

anyway, make sure your recording output and wecam are using the same FPS (frames per second) if the cam is 60 but BOS is outouting 30 for the desktop this can cuase lag, or any combo of the two.

Settings > VIdeo and near the bottom you will see FPS, try recording with 30 and 60. I bet once they match things will look better.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
turn off becky's pc and turn on webcam and their are tutorial on how to do face cam on OBS

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i know how to do facecam i just turned off the webcam as i didnt want to printscreen my face haha! It just seems to be laggy when scenes change for example when i went onto the next page when doing the pottermore quiz it crashed for like 5 seconds but you could still hear me talking, but okay thankyou i will try that :)

How do you use OBS studio?

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OBS studio is just an updated version, and has a really cool scene transition feature, but if you are on a laptop then that wouldn't look good unless you are only capturing the window and not the screen.

I was actually thinking of doing a video over OBS, that is what I use to capture all my game-play and webcam for my Diablo 3 videos.

The only other reason I can think of why the cam is lagging when changing pages on the browser is a cpu or memory issue, but unless your laptop is really old I don't think that's it.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
whenever i preview the recording it does say that is really high encoding?[DOUBLEPOST=1467754464,1467724750][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jake Fuller as you use obs studio for gameplay, im hoping you can help, i cannot seem to get the walking dead to record properly it keeps recording cropped and it is of course laggy, luckily i only tried filming an intro not the entire game as I am scared to start recording the game as I just can't seem to get it to work properly, can you not use obs studio on a laptop to record?

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
whenever i preview the recording it does say that is really high encoding?[DOUBLEPOST=1467754464,1467724750][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jake Fuller as you use obs studio for gameplay, im hoping you can help, i cannot seem to get the walking dead to record properly it keeps recording cropped and it is of course laggy, luckily i only tried filming an intro not the entire game as I am scared to start recording the game as I just can't seem to get it to work properly, can you not use obs studio on a laptop to record?
OBS studio will record on laptops. also to capture TWD are you using screen, window or game? message me a screen cap of the video settings in obs and how you have your scene setup.