OBS Black Screen When Recording Games

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Umm so I have an error as the title said. Monitor capture works fine but game capture is not. There's only black screen and my mic voice only not even the ingame audio. I've tried googling and using the nvdia control panel you know switching the 2nd option blah blah so on but I dont even have that 2nd option. (I'm using a geforce gts 250) and yes it's an old one. So help guys? I've clicked on almost every page regarding this issue but to no avail

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Have you specified what to capture (by right clicking on the "game capture" voice and selecting it in the settings)? Otherwise try window capture, it does the exact same thing but can record more applications than just games

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have you specified what to capture (by right clicking on the "game capture" voice and selecting it in the settings)? Otherwise try window capture, it does the exact same thing but can record more applications than just games
Finally someone replies, yes I have specify the game capture but I haven't tried windows capture. Will try it. Thanks for the help.

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately that doesn't work for windows capture. Black screen again. As for windows capture I dont think it can capture games.

xomegaxz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah. OBS is trial and error.
It doesn't record some games (Game Capture can't detect Dying Light so I have to use Monitor Capture)
I'm recording smite tho. I know it works with smite since youtubers are using it too.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Have you actually tried uninstalling then re-installing it?
can you actually send me an screen of your OBS scenes and the settings of your game capture?

Anyway you can try these: /watch?v=RquyB4v5JH0 and /watch?v=LsMY77AytOM