Number of views is decreasing !!!

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
can anyone explain for me what is going on my YouTube channel !!!!

last week i noticed my total channel views reached to 1217 views (according to channel analytic)

but yesterday the number was changed to 1171 views which is quite strange

now i want to ask:

1) is this possible to happen ?!!!!! and in which cases ?

2) how can we claim against youtube processdures ? and how can we trust them without further details ?

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes very possible, bot or irrelevant views were filtered out and deducted from your view count by youtube view filter system. That is what you will get now always instead of 301+ view counter being stuck.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i know about bots and i totally didn't use them at all, but such kind of procedures from YouTube should be explained to the audience (investors) because it indicates and gives negative impressions towards YouTube deals and can be considered as nontransparent situation. If i got Millions of views should i watch them everyday.
i cannot grow up my business & there is something wrong from the beginning, at least from my point of view.

Sam Jowett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did you delete a video recently or before the view counts went down, if so, thats probably why, if not, I have no idea

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's explained here and here
Well i am glad to know that YouTube is auditing the accuracy of views. I read what is written there, as summary, they are explaining the reasons towards these kinds of audits and how they will do it ? i think this is very good to protect YouTube rights and partnership image with respect to (investors + advertisers). However, at any case, who will protect investors rights if they delete some valid views. We actually not trying to accuse YouTube company, we only trying to know the details of those audits reports in order to build the trust. Currently they are auditing and validating views but the investor does not know what is going on and what kind of evidences they make to judge fraudulent views ? i know this is might need to go deep into more technical evidences but customers need the transparency.

quoted from the link:

(As part of our long-standing effort to keep YouTube authentic and full of meaningful interactions, we've begun to periodically audit the views a video has received. While in the past we would scan views for spam immediately after they occurred, starting today we will periodically validate the video’s view count, removing fraudulent views as new evidence comes to light. We don’t expect this approach to affect more than a minuscule fraction of videos on YouTube, but we believe it’s crucial to improving the accuracy of view counts and maintaining the trust of our fans and creators.)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
What are you talking about "investors" for?! What are you even talking about?

@XXLRay has given you the answer.

They were not real views. They were either fake views or duplicate views (probably you watching your own videos) That's why they are removed. It's perfectly transparent. That's why there are 2 pages dedicated to the subject in the official Google online help (linked above).

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am wondering why you are angry ?!!! i am trying to get the trust which i not find it anywhere.
Anyway, saying ""It's perfectly transparent"" is not an evidence.
Could you tell us ""what is the definition of "real view" or "fake view" ?

this is what i see from my side and i dont care of their side.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
We've already given you the answer. I'm not going to repeat the same thing or copy-paste from the official help. You should read it.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We've already given you the answer. I'm not going to repeat the same thing or copy-paste from the official help. You should read it.
i think this thread should be transferred to the room of comedy,
that was the answer of NO answer.
thank you for the help man