Closed - NTD Television wants my video???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilySten

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a new YouTuber, I've only posted 3 videos (the first one over 4 years ago!)
Nevertheless, my 2 latest videos have kind of gone viral (+500,000 views), especially the last one that I have only posted a week ago!
Anyway, NTD Television have asked to post my video on all their media, whilst crediting my video, but for free. They said they might edit it too to shorten it.

Do you think I should say yes? Will it steal my views or give me more?
Some of my friends say I shouldn't whilst others say I should.
Do you have any experience with that kind of thing?

GameThumb

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Free promotion for your channel. I would take it.

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi everyone!

I'm a new YouTuber, I've only posted 3 videos (the first one over 4 years ago!)
Nevertheless, my 2 latest videos have kind of gone viral (+500,000 views), especially the last one that I have only posted a week ago!
Anyway, NTD Television have asked to post my video on all their media, whilst crediting my video, but for free. They said they might edit it too to shorten it.

Do you think I should say yes? Will it steal my views or give me more?
Some of my friends say I shouldn't whilst others say I should.
Do you have any experience with that kind of thing?

Wait, NTD Television? Is that New Tang Dynasty or am I getting that confused with something else?

LilySten

Reaction score
Yup, that's them! I mean, I'm French so I didn't know then but they seem quite famous o.o

This is the message I was sent:

"Hi Lily,

My name is Alexei, from NTD Television, a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering audiences worldwide. Our mission is to inspire people through Humanity, Hope and Truth.

Our team enjoyed your video below and thought our fans would love it. We would like to re-post it on all our media pages : (link)

May I have your permission to repost your video on all our pages? See the full list of pages below: (link)

With your permission, our video team may need to retouch the video, such as reducing it to a certain length.

Of course, we would be happy to credit your channel. If you are not the copyright owner of the above video, please let me know. Otherwise, your permission confirms that you hold the right to grant the permission requested here.

As a non-profit organization, in an effort to spread positivity and goodness, we deliver all of our heartwarming content for free to the public. Doing this involves large expenses. Placing ads into some of our videos can generate revenue that will support our mission. We hope that you can help and support our mission by allowing us to repost your video! I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards.

(Adress etc)"[DOUBLEPOST=1502747576,1502747513][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for your answer GameThumb! I wasn't into anymore but I guess I'm hesitant again now lol

GameThumb

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for your answer GameThumb! I wasn't into anymore but I guess I'm hesitant again now lol
If you decide to go for it, let us know of any results in growth and view increase.

tonyphan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you decide to go for it, tell them that you would need credit from them. At least, they should put your channel link on the things they do with your footage. Just my thoughts : )

SAM JSL

Reaction score
Hi Lily. I've received the same letter from Alexei today. Did you grant them permission to post your video and how did it go?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi Lily. I've received the same letter from Alexei today. Did you grant them permission to post your video and how did it go?
@SAM JSL

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is from August. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 1 month old is recommended.)

(If you need to contact any of the people who posted in this thread, you can leave them a message on their profiles by clicking on their avatar and then clicking on "Profile page" )

Status
Not open for further replies.