Now, an honest request here

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everone,

So as I've written somewhere else on a forum, I've come back after roughly 1,5 year of "hiatus" and started recording stuff again, and I'd love some of you who would be willing(gaming content can get bothersome at some point ik) and tell me what they think about the way I do things now(either in comparison to what happened a year back or just the way it is now) - the content itself, the commentary, the CEO, A/V quality and so on. I would like to ask you for sincere help to know what I'm standing on now.

As always, all the lovesies to you guys! Take care and have a great day!

Reactions: Maaru

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Heya!

Here's my feedback on your Bendy and the Ink Machine video:

- Visual quality is very nice and clear. I've no complaints about that.
- Audio quality is also very clear. The quality of your sound-recording equipment is lovely.
- Your commentary is pretty good. You're enthusiastic and positive, which I appreciate. Personally I'll always take that over and above somebody who's just being snarky or gloomy. You speak very fast sometimes, which means I sometimes miss bits of what you say, although just to be clear, I can understand your accent clearly, so I don't think your accent is contributing to the difficulty; its purely the speed you speak.

Reactions: Maaru

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Quality wise you are easily in there with the big boys on both audio and video level. Banner, thumbnails is all good enough. You might wanna tweak them later on, but nothing to worry about really. The only feedback I can give you is that I don't see a value proposition. You make gaming videos. That's cool, but so do ten million others. Why should we subscribe to your channel and not to some other gaming Youtuber? I think you are at the point where you need to start thinking about that stuff.

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why should we subscribe to your channel and not to some other gaming Youtuber?
Because I'm better? DUH. Kidding, actually, you're 100% right. That's I've been telling myself, and I really need to sit down and think about it at last. Thanks for the contribution mate, cheers!

Reactions: MentallyGames

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh thank you thank you, means a world to me! And yeah, I guess you're right, even irl there are many people that complain about how fast I speak. Gotta correct that one, gotcha!
You're welcome!

Want a little tip for the speed of your speech? Try setting up a camera on yourself and film yourself talking. It doesn't have to be high-quality. Speak for a little while, and then watch the video back with the sound switched to silent.

Take note: how do you look? Do you look nervous or panicky? If you do, then chances are you sounded nervous or panicky too. This is something I did when improving my own narration technique: if you can slow your rate of speech down to the point that you look relaxed in a silent video of you talking, then your speech will come across as much more measured, confident and clear. In fact, that's one thing I do now when narrating a story, whether I'll appear on-camera or not: I speak as if someone's watching, so I make a point of doing hand-gestures and facial expressions and pauses so that what I'm saying looks good.

Try it maybe :)

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
(can I be mega-cheeky and ask for a return review of the video I mentioned in my own thread?)
B-but I'm in the middle of the last Stranger Things 2 episode. Joking, you got it.