Not sure how/if to rebrand/restart

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
(I think this is right forum, sorry if I'm wrong)
So, some background. I started as a gaming channel, my channel name is my gamertag, my AdSense is linked to my current channel and I have a grand total of 22 sub's and 700ish views

My problem is that I don't want to be a gaming channel. I want, eventually, to have a channel with stuff that is essentially LARP/dress up/fantasy videos, music and skills, and make animal videos. The plan was to do the gaming and transition, but my heart just isn't in it. I mean, I love gaming, I just don't think youtubing it is for me. I love the process of video making and being on/behind camera, but the gamer personality doesn't feel authentic anymore.

My question is, do I just change to what I want to be, including channel name etc, and sod the consequences as regards my handful of subs, and do I leave the old content available, where I refer to myself as my gamertag, as those videos represent a lot of hours of work and personal growth.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You might have to be a bigger channel to get away with doing a change, but do what you want on the same channel. You will lose subs, heck Pewdiepie lost some viewership himself with his change to more reactionary stuff, but I'd say if you're switching over, just keep the same channel and maybe some subs will stick around (if not all) and even like you more for it. You should do something to announce it. I'd actually make a "skit' out of it if it was me because I can't do anything with complete seriousness.

Reactions: Lekjih

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What kind of games do you play already? If you spent the whole time so far playing WoW(if anyone still plays that) and Skyrim, then moving into Larp and similar isn't going to be too much of a shock for the player base. If its all been CoD, then it might be a different story.

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Skyrim, AC, ESO, so all fairly larpy. There's only 22 subs and honestly I only think three of them interact with me ever, and they're now friends as a result.

Reactions: coliwob

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Skyrim, AC, ESO, so all fairly larpy. There's only 22 subs and honestly I only think three of them interact with me ever, and they're now friends as a result.
I honestly don't think you'll have any problems if you just start doing videos on all the different topics that you are into. Whats the alternative? Keep mking videos your not really into. Even if you only keep a few subs, thatss still something.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Yeah maybe leave the old videos, if your old viewers wanna leave, so be it. They wouldn’t be active anyway so what’s it matter, right? Do what you love! Rebrand! Do it! I’m excited for you! LARPing seems freakin awesome, I’d definitely like to learn more about it! Do it! Do it! Do it!!!!!! ^_^

Samiphany

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
You may have already made your final decision already, but the way I see it: All your hard work up til now will be lost if it's just abandoned. Your base didn't necessarily come to your channel just for the content. They came for you. Whether or not your content stays the same, what makes your channel different from any other is no one can be you. So I'd keep the channel and thus the subscribers and keep working upon your foundation even if it isn't the niche you are passionate about. Those who are no longer interested can always leave when changes happen, but it doesn't mean you have to.

Last edited: