Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Can't you get your video reviewed if you don't agree with their judgement? There should be an option. If they're wrong, they're wrong and should be trying to fix it without banning you or something for honestly wanting a review.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So I have have a question about this. Does having videos marked as unsuitable effect your channel as a whole? What I mean is, say on 5% of your videos are marked unsuitable, would youtube like your whole channel a little less because of that small percentage of videos?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The "yellow monster" strikes again. Seems like it always hits us on Tuesdays. I checked late last night and everything was fine, but today several dozen videos were hit. No rhyme or reason to it, as usual. Another lost day of revenue for each of those videos, after a great weekend too. Grr....

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So we're still a small channel, but rapidly growing (almost 2K subs in 10 months). The whole "adpocalypse" thing seemed above us for much larger channels...or more controversial channels. Our channel is literally family-friendly (we chose not to use profanity, on purpose) and we post vlogs, challenges, parodies, reactions, and things we find funny.

HOWEVER, recently checked our stats and SIX of our videos got flagged as "not suitable for advertisers". Granted we are small so the $ is nothing to brag about, but it's pretty annoying.

One of the videos was a parody of Jake Paul's "It's Everyday Bro" where we rap terribly on purpose to make fun of his horrible song. Another video is literally just us reacting to gross stuff (if you want to get very picky, I MAYBE can understand that, but it's all innocent compared to what else is out there).

I put in a manual review for each of them and YouTube has an automated response saying "reviews can only be applied if a video has over 1,000 views in the last 7 days. we will review your video once it hits that mark". Again, the views/money are small since we're growing but it just shows how they will censor ANYTHING and we can't do much about it.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anybody ever got a video age restricted? If you did, have you ever got out of out, and remonetized?

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sadly not...I got one of my first ever videos age restricted...that being said nowadays if I review anything with innapropriate content in I make extra sure to go through the entire review multiple times with a fine tooth comb looking for things to black box and from an ethical standpoint I make sure to age restrict it myself...purely because I've reviewed some absolute garbage in my time that I wouldnt want young ones to get anywhere near...I suppose its all part of youtubes automated process and as a result if they restrict it...thats about the beginning and the end of the matter...you could always try reuploading with whatever got it agre restricted removed possibly?

Reactions: Smartie

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sadly not...I got one of my first ever videos age restricted...that being said nowadays if I review anything with innapropriate content in I make extra sure to go through the entire review multiple times with a fine tooth comb looking for things to black box and from an ethical standpoint I make sure to age restrict it myself...purely because I've reviewed some absolute garbage in my time that I wouldnt want young ones to get anywhere near...I suppose its all part of youtubes automated process and as a result if they restrict it...thats about the beginning and the end of the matter...you could always try reuploading with whatever got it agre restricted removed possibly?[/Q

Hmm..so thats the case. I guess I'm just going to leave the video as is, and move on. Kinda sucks knowing it's my biggest video. I'll Keep in mind next time. Thanks.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a video like that, and it does not matter..because it's a video we make for a certain age, so we're clear with the goal of the audience we're going to achieve, and that's good for your viewers either your old audience or your potential audience.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
yaa some videos I used to upload got age restriction. So I prefer to not to take any risk by monetizing that content. Actually you can monetize those videos, its just the advertisers are fussy about putting ads on adult contents. So they don't put their ads. Sad truth but true.