Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's not f a m i l y f r i e n d l y enough for them and their frailness.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have put the word "blood" or anything similar in the description or tags then you will trigger the "not friendly" bot and get the yellow dollar sign

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is happening to everyone. It seems to be a machine learning situation that's quite buggy. Trying to figure out the logic in it is kind of a hopeless cause at this point, so I think the best thing to do is to request a review and hope for the best.

The AI will take its time before perfecting it searches for unsuitable content. Youtube is such a massive platform they couldnt possibly do it manuelly. For what I hear if your content is safe und you request for a review they are pretty quick to monetise it again. Of coarse it not ideal at the moment but its well known that youtube should be your sole income (merch shops, patreon etc.) Most working youtubers get there pay not just from youtube.

Youtube is not doing this to be an a** they are doing this to lurk advertisers back in which in turn means more advertisers for us the creators

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just wanted to chime in and say I was finally hit a week or 2 ago. 17 of my 607 videos were deemed unsuitable for all advertisers, and one age-restricted. I requested manual reviews on all of them and only one so far has been re-monetized. Funnily-enough, it was one that doesn't have any views yet because it is still scheduled to be published. I just checked again now and no new ones were added yet. Only one of them has even more than 10,000 views, and most of them are old and get way less than a dollar a month anyway.

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A video of mine just got hit by this b******t and its being schedule uploaded
So its not even out yet and its being flagged with this b******t
Like, I understand how and why it happens
But like FML

Johnny Miller

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos are of trains and photos of trains. No foul language, violence or nudity or anything. The last 9 videos uploaded have not had anything done to them other than them being uploaded.

Wonder if YT knows this or even cares. Next thing you know they'll be doing this to Thomas the Tank Engine.

Reactions: TGP-ROB

Cinnamon Sweet Shoppe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here is how I beat this. Another one of my videos on making Vegan Snickers Candy Bars was also tagged as "Not suitable..." so I deleted it, re-uploaded the same exact video and changed one or two words in the title and it passed the screeners. It is now monetized. Try doing this. It may just be a word or two that gets flagged. And by the way, there was no swearing or anything offensive in either of my videos.

Reactions: TGP-ROB

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like most people I had videos flagged as Not suitable for most advertisers.
I was pretty unhappy when my McDonald's review video of the new Buttermilk Chicken strips
was flagged within an hour of posting.
I email support back and forth multiple times, each time asking WHY did this video get flagged?
(I knew it would NEVER hit 1000 views to get the manual review.)
I asked, was it a keyword and which keyword. They would never tell me, But here was their BEST response:

YOUTUBE: "Let me shed some light as to how our system works, Videos are typically evaluated by our automated systems after upload (typically within ~2hrs, though it may be shorter or longer). At that point, if it is determined that the video is not appropriate for a wide range of advertisers, it will be marked as “limited or no ads.” Our automated classifiers also pick up on changes made to a video’s title, description or thumbnail and will make a new advertiser-friendly decision should changes occur before you request a review."

Does this help anyone?
btw, it took a week but they removed the warning even though the video only has 100 views.
Steve