Not So Good Consequence of Daily Uploading

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I knew this would happen, sort of but I've been updloading daily for a while now and I've noticed that I've actually seemed to lose subs almost as quickly as I've gained them. So yeah, if you ever do it, be prepared for people to get annoyed and unsub you. One video in particular got two people to leave when it popped up in their feed. It was a good one too :(

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yep, I've argued this point for a while.
Unless your a superstar on youtube, daily uploads are too much, people just don't want you in their life everyday.

Now with so many viewers on cell phone, it becomes like an annoying spam event, ever bought something and gave your number then that company bugs you all the time with 10% discounts or whatever? youtube is similar, subs want to watch your stuff but geez, everyday?

They probably have 50 channels they sub to, it would be so annoying getting pumped with your video's day after day after darn day.
So i'd imagine they would unsub and think, i'll just catch up with that channel when I think of it from now on, as most likely it's not their favourite.

Not to mention the strain it must take to put up a vid' everyday, unless the vids are just no brainer vids but even then, it must be pressure to get one up everyday,
publishers need a break from themselves just like your subs do.

Jamie Lee Bones

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had been struggling with this.. I think I made a thread asking for schedule advice and I got some really thoughtful answers from people. I had wanted to upload more often but decided to stick to the same as you - twice a week.

Now with so many viewers on cell phone, it becomes like an annoying spam event, ever bought something and gave your number then that company bugs you all the time with 10% discounts or whatever? youtube is similar, subs want to watch your stuff but geez, everyday?
Looking back, I know I've unsubbed for that same reason weeeben. It's just too much! Particularly channels that post up multiple videos a day.. it gets overwhelming as a viewer cause you always feel like your falling behind.
Not to mention, I was worried if I started uploading everyday that the quality of my vids would suffer.

I knew this would happen, sort of but I've been updloading daily for a while now and I've noticed that I've actually seemed to lose subs almost as quickly as I've gained them.
Do you think you'll stick to uploading every day?

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I knew this would happen, sort of but I've been updloading daily for a while now and I've noticed that I've actually seemed to lose subs almost as quickly as I've gained them. So yeah, if you ever do it, be prepared for people to get annoyed and unsub you. One video in particular got two people to leave when it popped up in their feed. It was a good one too :(
How many uploads are we talking here?1 video a day?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I too did not feel dailing was working and bi-daily seems to be doing ok.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Then what about posting whenever you got an idea? Posting relative irregularly?
Which is what I am doing, I post whenever I got an idea and when I have the time to post!
I can see that it´s as well, but because I work, I have to do it!

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! I've totally been wondering about daily posting as well. I mean, PewDiePie does daily uploads, but it's his full time job, and his channel is so big that it probably helps him.

.....but then you get channels from my favorite YouTubers: The Hodgetwins. They have multiple channels. Their biggest channel has almost 2 million subscribers now, and they have no schedule for uploads. They're even more inconsistent with their uploads now that they do comedy tours throughout the world, but they still seem to be popular and growing.

I'm trying out a new schedule myself where I do one VLOG entry a week on Wednesday, and then one gaming live stream a week on Sunday. We'll see how that schedule goes. :).

One thing I do on channels that I like, but don't want a notification from everyday, is remain subscribed, but turn off notifications. That way I don't constantly get notifications from a channel that uploads frequently. I mean, I like the channel and want to support it, but I don't want constant notifications. I wonder if many viewers just don't realize you can do this.

Thanks again for the great information my dudes. You guys rock! :).

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I upload daily, but I'm not sure how many of my lost subs are because of it. Yesterday I had 2 go up because I selected 24 instead of 25 when setting the schedule for today's video. I got 3 people commenting on the fact that I actually uploaded 2 in one day, and it didn't seem to be a negative. Both videos received about as many views as I normally get for single-day uploads. Semi-daily (2 a day) is more frequent than I can comfortably keep up with, though. My current frequency is enough for me to keep up with and make a small buffer and be able to take some breaks without interrupting the daily flow.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I just checked the analytics and I'm pretty sure it isn't some glitch and I have just been losing people, likely because of the daily uploads. HOWEVER, I think daily uploads have also been bringing people in (or maybe it's the Adwords adverts I have going... all the subs are coming in through the channel itself, so it's hard to say). I've heard that the more videos you have out there, the more leads you have to your channel, so even if they aren't being viewed then and there, they're still "out there." I'm a little torn on how to keep going. I do daily playthrough videos and then once in a great while, blast the internet with another installment of my Scripted Crap. It's hard enough getting to that, but I do like to upload and edit in general, so I might just keep going like this for now. I mean, if someone doesn't want to stay because I'm uploading too much, then do I really want them as a sub?

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
What could you possibly say everyday to keep people interested?