Not Reaching New Audience - Any advice?

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello All,
A bit of a weird experience I am having lately.. I own two channels one that I have had for 5 years and a new one that I made last year.

My new channel seems to be having difficulty gaining and new audience members. All analytics are saying roughly 85% of my viewers are already subscribed. I am utilizing SEO like I have always done with my other channels but for some reason, I don't seem to be able to get any newcomers in.

I have had a break from YouTube for the past 3 Months and only started uploading again 3 weeks ago, I was just wondering if anything has changed or if there are people who are experiencing the same?

Thank you in advance.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
What was the topic of your old channel? Gaming and vlogs are probably the two hardest categories for discovery so it's not surprising that the majority of your viewers are subscribers. I'd say it's probably a really good sign that you get the views you do with the subscribers you have; that means you have a very engaged audience, and even if it grows very slowly they're probably going to be more rewarding for you than any search traffic would be. If you really wan't to improve discovery though, perhaps try to target more trending content that doesn't have too much competition already? Most of your videos are on fairly common/competitive topics.