Not my typical thumbnail style.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you put your channel name in your thumbnail? I never did and my main channel did very well for many years. My banner is so big lol but you might not even have looked at it. By the way, It is not recommended to put flipped text in the thumbnail for that reason.

However, I am for this new channel. I have been working on including text as we'll, when appropriate. Do you recognize the car?

In the past couple years, I splintered off some of my video topics and gave them their own channels. It might be because they deserved their own channel or I didn't want it on the main channel anymore.

This brand new channel is going to be my new home for 'collector' content. If I want to do a video that focuses on toy cars, that's where it will be. To be honest, this type of content is not economically sustainable from a content creator perspective.

Anyway, the channel should be monetized in a few months. I already got the 1k subs and got 60,000 minutes in the first month.

I'm pleased with this thumbnail. I hope it makes viewers wonder, "What does that third car look like?"

Did it make you wonder too?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Do you put your channel name in your thumbnail?
I used to when I started out but it took up too much space that I wanted to use for keyword text that viewers would be searching for and of course, I wanted to leave room for the image too. But I like how you've got your channel name going vertically. It's good for your branding and it leaves plenty of space to the right.

About a year ago, I noticed channels were stealing my thumbnails and using them for their videos so I now put my logo on the thumbnail somewhere. It makes it easier to prove that it's my thumbnail when I file a copyright claim.

I think your thumbnails look great. You might want to make that "Hot wheels Deora III" text bigger. I know it looks nice and big at full size and it will be visible when anyone is browsing your videos on your channel page, but I try to optimise my thumbs for the "suggested video size" as that is where I want to increase my CTR. ;)

Reactions: markkaz

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Looks pretty good so far.
I'd probably make the text at the top and arrow much bigger. It'll make people want to click on it much more and watch the video as well.
Something with arrows and red circles, etc. :O! Hope that helps a bit.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't make the text bigger without out covering up a car. Well, maybe a litte bit bigger if I put it in the blank space to the left.

Reactions: Crown