normal playthrough video vs. "cheat/hack/mod" playthrough video

Markiepie

Reaction score
Hi, guys! I want to ask you something. I made playthrough video in my channel. But some game are hard or long to complete and I'm afraid it'll be boring and I don't want spending more time on a hard game, so I want to use "cheat/hack/mod" to skipped and show some necessary scenes or to make game easier. Is people tend to watch normal playthrough or "cheat/hack/mod" playthrough? And if you were the audience, what would you choose? Thanks.:)

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is people tend to watch normal playthrough or "cheat/hack/mod" playthrough?
This depends on which audience you aiming at. Normal playthroughs are watched by people who want to experience the whole game. This could be for multiple reasons. Such as not owning the console themself, not having the money to buy the game, not being good at gaming, etc. The aim or a normal playthrough is to show the complete game and (maybe) share your first impressions and/or opinions.

A cheat/hack/mod playthrough has a different purpose and thus a different target audience. These playthroughs don't focus on the gameplay or the story line, but often pose a challenge. To do the game super fast, giving yourself a handycap, or to show the game in a different light (mod). These playthroughs often attract an audience who either already played the game or who have already seen normal playthroughs and want to have a different experience.

So, whatever you pick is your decision. There are a ton of normal playthroughs out there and it is a highly competitive area. Playing a mod/hack/cheat version will narrow down your potential audience, but will also make your video much more unique and thus more competitive.

Reactions: Markiepie