RetroMania

RetroMania
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's up guys, I just started a gaming channel where I'm playing old videogames, most of them for PC, PS1, PS2 and SNES. For now I do not have much variety of games but I'm trying to upload with the best quality possible so I would like to hear some suggestions from you guys, on what should I change or add on my channel, some ideas or ways to reach for an audience, what are your strategies and how can I implement them, I'd really appreciate your help!

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not really sure what to say. The branding and stuff seems on point and such, and you are good at the games which is a plus. I do like it, because its a nostalgia trip for me. But there are a lot of channels like yours, and especially with no commentary you are not going to be able to stand out as something special, so to reach an audience, I'd have to say that your best bet is to get involved with lots of other channels doing the same. That way, you get a following of like-minded creators, and because you are active in their comments section, people can discover you that way.

That and if you can do something special, that might get you some circulation. Can you complete doom in like 45 seconds or something?

Reactions: RetroMania

Haykal Yuqdha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Classic game and love to watch you played there. Consistent and unique approach for the gaming channel. However, I agree with our brother Coliwob there that there are a lot of channel similar like this although the game you played is very specific and I guess it defines your channel overall. It is no wrong to not commenting while playing the game. But then again, if you really want the channel to be like that then it is ok. I guess there are a lot of people out there would prefer to watch the game play without commentary at all.

Last edited:

RetroMania

RetroMania
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Classic game and love to watch you played there. Consistent and unique approach for the gaming channel. However, I agree with our brother Coliwob there that there are a lot of channel similar like this although the game you played is very specific and I guess it defines your channel overall. It is no wrong to not commenting while playing the game. But then again, if you really want the channel to be like that then it is ok. I guess there are a lot of people out there would prefer to watch the game play without commentary at all.
Yeah I mean, for me it's sometimes annoying to watch people talking while they play, sometimes I want to know something specific about a game and they never go to the point so .. idk I'm just doing a channel where you can watch a game from start to finish with no interruptions and 100% complete.. I know I might lose the chance to win more subscribers because I don't comment on my videos but meh, I guess I will have to try some other strategies in the future, thanks for your comment tho!

Haykal Yuqdha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah I mean, for me it's sometimes annoying to watch people talking while they play, sometimes I want to know something specific about a game and they never go to the point so .. idk I'm just doing a channel where you can watch a game from start to finish with no interruptions and 100% complete.. I know I might lose the chance to win more subscribers because I don't comment on my videos but meh, I guess I will have to try some other strategies in the future, thanks for your comment tho!
Good for you dude. We all have our own perspective right? So I guess just keep doing what you think is best for you. Anyway, success for your channel! All the best!

Matheus Brito

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love that more people are playing retro games, and the right ones: Duke Nukem 3D. To your channel I would only add some killer commentary and it would be perfect... I'd totally subscribe after that.

marlinward

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like to point out the thumbnails, they are not bad but you could defiantly put a little bit of work in on them, i would also suggest adding your branding to the beginning of your videos something short and sweet, with another at the end.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Great idea for a channel. Every once in a while I'll look up old games on YouTube to see how they look compared to the games of today. Some ideas that you may want to pursue are popular levels/problems that people have encountered. You know, the obstacles that we've all come across that are hard to figure out. You can find these by searching Google and find old posts on forums (posting your vid on these forums may get traffic too). Also, I would think that for the types of games that have bosses, a lot of people may like to see you play those levels. There are a lot of popular games that you can add, such as Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario, etc.