non copywrite music

Casidhe Lianna

Liking YTtalk
when using non copywrited music from another youtube channel. are you still obligated to leave their link in your description box to credit them for using it?

Very often there are details in the description of the song on YouTube, I use a lot from NoCopyrightSounds, if you go to the video of the song you want to use, they have a blurb explaining the deal, and even a few lines of text for you to copy and paste into the description of the video you are using the song in, this will usually include a link to the song on YouTube, the free download link for the song, and I think the social media/soundcloud of NCS and the artist. Hope that helps :)

If you don't know specifically on the royalty free song you have, just contact them to get vertification. We won't know on just one song alone because there is many ways people license their work.

It may well be worth your while contacting artists/labels directly, I am planning a project that needs a lot of synthwave, I have written to NewRetroWave, the main label a lot of synthwave producers are on. I have also spoken to a lot of Synthwave producers on Twitter. For the most part, as long as you buy the music and credit them, small producers are pretty cool with their music being used.

A lot of people ask what song people put in their video, so it's worth just putting it in the description so people can find the song and also to prevent any problems occurring on your side.

Back