No Video/Channel Ideas :(

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys,

I've been doing Youtube for quite a while, and ended up making a new channel about 6-7 months ago, uploaded a few videos, then of course life sort of got in the way and I haven't been able to make videos for a while...

NOW I am able to make videos and keen on getting back into it, however I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEAS ON VIDEOS OR ANYTHING AT ALL! :(

I used to make Let's Plays with my friends on my old channel, which I wouldn't mind doing again with some games, but I don't want my whole channel dedicated to games as I don't play them as much as I used to... I also feel like it's impossible to stand out now-a-days as everyone has a Gaming channel.

Then I thought, well I could try Vlogs or stories or something along those lines in front of the camera, but I feel, I don't really have many stories to tell interesting enough to hold attention, so then I thought I'd just complain about work on video everyday but realised if anyone from work saw it I could risk my job, which I don't feel like doing :L (well, maybe...)

Then I had the magnificent idea to make videos making fun of trending videos/channels at the moment, however I don't really deal with drama etc. that well (if the vids got big enough) so I thought that wasn't the smartest idea as well.

I also thought Tech reviews/unboxings, but I'm too broke for that :L

So, I'm kind of at an impasse here (i think that's the right word)... I really really want to make videos, and somewhat have the resources, but just have no ideas, I'd love to create a Niche audience or something on my channel, but I know my interests are always changing and I would probably get bored doing the same thing over and over, so I'm sort of just stuck... So I'm looking for a little bit of guidance or just some advice on what I should do, whether it's just video suggestions or full channel revamp ideas, all responses are welcome :)

Anyway, sorry for the super long post, and if you've read this all Thank you so much ^_^ You're the bomb!

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys,

I've been doing Youtube for quite a while, and ended up making a new channel about 6-7 months ago, uploaded a few videos, then of course life sort of got in the way and I haven't been able to make videos for a while...

NOW I am able to make videos and keen on getting back into it, however I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEAS ON VIDEOS OR ANYTHING AT ALL! :(

I used to make Let's Plays with my friends on my old channel, which I wouldn't mind doing again with some games, but I don't want my whole channel dedicated to games as I don't play them as much as I used to... I also feel like it's impossible to stand out now-a-days as everyone has a Gaming channel.

Then I thought, well I could try Vlogs or stories or something along those lines in front of the camera, but I feel, I don't really have many stories to tell interesting enough to hold attention, so then I thought I'd just complain about work on video everyday but realised if anyone from work saw it I could risk my job, which I don't feel like doing :L (well, maybe...)

Then I had the magnificent idea to make videos making fun of trending videos/channels at the moment, however I don't really deal with drama etc. that well (if the vids got big enough) so I thought that wasn't the smartest idea as well.

I also thought Tech reviews/unboxings, but I'm too broke for that :L

So, I'm kind of at an impasse here (i think that's the right word)... I really really want to make videos, and somewhat have the resources, but just have no ideas, I'd love to create a Niche audience or something on my channel, but I know my interests are always changing and I would probably get bored doing the same thing over and over, so I'm sort of just stuck... So I'm looking for a little bit of guidance or just some advice on what I should do, whether it's just video suggestions or full channel revamp ideas, all responses are welcome :)

Anyway, sorry for the super long post, and if you've read this all Thank you so much ^_^ You're the bomb!
You could start a podcast with one of your friends talking about YouTube, or anything really. Have you tried that yet?

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
@MasterEth I personally haven't no, but my friend who also does Youtube started one recently (or at least in production) which I've featured on/helped out with, was pretty fun :D Could maybe give that a go :)

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@MasterEth I personally haven't no, but my friend who also does Youtube started one recently (or at least in production) which I've featured on/helped out with, was pretty fun :D Could maybe give that a go :)
You really should! I've done plenty of podcasts...(well...3 actually...XD) and I had alot of fun with it! :D

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What you should do is go onto websites like Kizi since they have a lot of games and some of them have barely been recorded then just play whatever you feel might interest you.