No Longer Eligible For Monetization Due To Duplication - Grrrrr!!!

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all

Yesterday I was notified that my channel is no longer eligible for monetization due to duplication.

(If you want, you can check out my channel via my profile link at the bottom of this post)

If you have, then you can see I make & upload recording of (mostly) nature soundscapes & I'd like to point out that they are 100% my own work, There are a few that feature music & I have licences for every single track I use.

Anyhoo, I haven't come on here to debate ownership, I spend enough time doing that with various copyright claims that pop up .. & by the way, I dispute & win every single one of them.

I'm just so angry that YT have applied this blanket monetization ban without giving me any option to appeal. The only option I have is a blanked out reapply button that I'll be able to press in a month's time .. but that's not going to help, because I have no changes to make on my site (& why should I) so unless I can speak to someone at YT & argue my case, it'll just be rejected again.

Also, if I wait a month for the reapply button to become live, I'll be losing a month's earnings, which isn't fair, as I've done nothing wrong.

Anyway, sorry for the rant ... does anyone have any suggestions, or know of a way that I can contact YT (other than the reapply button) so I can sort this mess out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry to hear this, it seems a blanket of emails went out yesterday either approving or disallowing monitization.

The only was I could suggest to get in contact would be maybe trying to contact one of the community moderators on the youtube reddit (can't link but its r/youtube)

one of the moderators over the u/lightcodegaming is in direct contact with review staff and I believe can push through video/account/ monitization requests for appeal if you explain your situation to him.

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry to hear this, it seems a blanket of emails went out yesterday either approving or disallowing monitization.
The weird thing is, my channel wasn't up for review, it's been monitized for the past 4 years .. but thanks for the info, I'll give it a go.

Poorna

Reaction score
I think it's worth trying from Reddit YouTube as evoloz said. Or check Google Product Forums. You may be able to contact a moderator over there who is working at YouTube.

Eric Parker

Reaction score
Your best option is to contact creator support. Reddit (especially Leowattenburg) may be able to help you as well, but I personally dealt with this a few weeks ago and support got it reversed quickly.

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your best option is to contact creator support. Reddit (especially Leowattenburg) may be able to help you as well, but I personally dealt with this a few weeks ago and support got it reversed quickly.
Thanks, I'll try that .. I've never really spent any time on Reddit, it possible to get in touch with Leowattenburg via a private message on there, or do I just post a general message on Reddit & then hope that he will reply?

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of channels that do that were demonetized en masse
That's interesting (& slightly worrying) where did you get your info from?

Last edited:

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Over at YouTube's own "help" forum - literally 100's of such channels complaining about this.
I see tons of complaints too. My question, how many of those complaints are valid and how many of those channels deserve what they got?