No Ideas

Breana

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys so ive been tryna come up with ideas for my youtube channel and havent had much luck with it, im a comedy based channel, if anyone could give me any ideas or suggestions as to what i should do please reply to this thread it would help me out alot. :)

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you enjoy? If you have a comedy channel, what do YOU find funny? What do YOU like to talk about to friends and family? Chances are, if you find it funny, others will too.

Reactions: Breana

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I haven't had much experience in comedic works but skits, reviews(Movies, Games, etc), reactions to trailers, pranks, or even DIY yourself videos with a funny outcome/ending could be hilarious too. Just depends on what kind of comedy you are going for I suppose.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
From my comedy atleast when we create sketches a lot of the time just have fun just do something you enjoy and comedy will come from it.

An example is we once made a sketch called "No ****" and the entire idea was someone in our game said "No **** bro" so we wrote an entire sketch about 2 dudes who get married, have a kid etc but constantly say no ****.

Really just find desperation and try not to think too hard and an idea will come naturally. :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved your thread to the ideas / planning forum.:)

(The YTtalk support/suggestions forum is specifically for YTtalk forum support, not YouTube support. )

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Haha this is the problem most YouTubers face, CREATIVITY. It's not too hard for some channels to stay relevant, play the newest games, buy the latest clothes, review exclusive/popular products, etc. The thing with comedy and YouTube (much like real life) No One is going to hand you an idea unless they cant do it themselves. YouTube IS for the most part, a Creative Job! For inspiration i'd recommend watching other peoples videos, to see if you could do something similar (just be sure to credit the video if you tweak their idea), or since you are a comedy channel, make relateable content. What are the complaints that you have often that others usually complain about too? Just some stuff to think about! :)

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Try to get some inspiration from other clips and videos or just make a break. I don't know how often you record and upload something, but some time "off" could help. Do other things you enjoy, life is inspiration ;)

Ralph Mickey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Judging by your channel you already have a good start. 200 subs - nice :) and congrats.

Maybe step back and take an over view of what you have already done and see what has the most views / comments etc.
Doing this may show you what is working and what isn't. The ones that have the most views - maybe start tweaking that into a niche (show).

Also - look back and see what was the most fun to make - a certain character ? subject matter ? Do more of that. Chances are the ones that were more fun to make are also you most popular ones.

I am not saying that the views are the most important, just to use them as a measurement.

Maybe even make a video that asks your subscribers what ones where their favs. Maybe make it a game. Pick 3 and make a poll to see what was their favorite.

Btw: your link to your channel is broken, I was able to get to it through your twitter page. You may want to fix that :)

Hope this helps.

Breana

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Judging by your channel you already have a good start. 200 subs - nice :) and congrats.

Maybe step back and take an over view of what you have already done and see what has the most views / comments etc.
Doing this may show you what is working and what isn't. The ones that have the most views - maybe start tweaking that into a niche (show).

Also - look back and see what was the most fun to make - a certain character ? subject matter ? Do more of that. Chances are the ones that were more fun to make are also you most popular ones.

I am not saying that the views are the most important, just to use them as a measurement.

Maybe even make a video that asks your subscribers what ones where their favs. Maybe make it a game. Pick 3 and make a poll to see what was their favorite.

Btw: your link to your channel is broken, I was able to get to it through your twitter page. You may want to fix that :)

Hope this helps.
Thanks this did help honestly alot! and ive tried to fix tht broken link it just wont work for me idk wat it is lol but i will definitly use what u have said to my advantage thanks again:)

filipaschannel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why don't you try going on the street interviewing random people about some controverse subject you like with a mix of sarcasm and then it's a matter of editing :)