No ideas for videos but haven't uploaded in at least a week?

Spaced Out Anomaly

Reaction score
Has anyone had that little dilemma where your channel is about to become seemingly inactive because you haven't uploaded in one or two weeks and either had to take a long time to think of a good video idea, or upload filler content only to split that inactivity in half but possibly lower the quality of your content?

I've been having that lately. not much has been going on in my life at the moment, and I am doing my best to keep my content consistent without just making a bunch of filler until something good or exciting happens. I don't exactly have a glamorous life at the moment, but I do have a life and I'd like to share it. I've just always lived under the assumption that no one really cares about me until I'm big, but I don't want to rely on some bigger youtuber giving me a shout out to make it on youtube, I want to build myself from the ground up.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont have the exact same no.. I have lots and lots of ideas but my problem is that I don´t have much time (I work and have kids) so it can be VERY hard for me to find the time. My videos also take quite some time to make (I make animation videos) so all of that combined is hte reason I can´t be consistent

Reactions: videoeditgr

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You gotta go find some inspiration from somewhere. Go experience something new and be on the lookout daily for things you think you can make good content on. Don't stay home with your hands in your head asking brain to work harder. Thats not how creativity is made. Thats what I think anyways.

Gerald Z

Reaction score
I find that working out, even walking about 30 minutes each day, helps the blood flow more, the more flow through your brain, the better you think, and the better you can come up with ideas, as with doing something, that takes time to create that habit, I'm in the same boat, but I've changed my habits and it's helping me in so many ways.
just keep at it, and you can do it, :).

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I dont have the exact same no.. I have lots and lots of ideas but my problem is that I don´t have much time (I work and have kids)
same here. When I started I wanted to upload only events, test videos and participate in contests moslty on editing
main purpose was to edit with no hurry, no deadlines, etc.
yeah... right... I uploaded like once every two months...

It is not a solution but when I have no time to prepare or show something, I upload stock footage for free
and I also record my everyday root showing people that violate traffic laws in a funny or dangerous way.

This stared two or three months beafore by recording one of my hard drives that failed and I wanted to throw away.
From week to week I found it really fun to stop and frame a flower or whatever and schedule upload as many as I can.

Edit, I still claim to be a filming / editing channel,
but at least I have sonething to offer, even if it is a common stock video.

:)

Reactions: Dave2017

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a lots of video ideas, but not that much time to edit and film them. I have missed a week or two because I was still editing a video.[DOUBLEPOST=1529525400,1529525354][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a lots of video ideas, but not that much time to edit and film them. I have missed a week or two because I was still editing a video.

Spaced Out Anomaly

Reaction score
Huh, I seem to be the opposite. I have all the time in the world, but ideas are scarce for me. Considering how little I have to work with, and how new I am to youtube; or at least taking it seriously.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Has anyone had that little dilemma where your channel is about to become seemingly inactive because you haven't uploaded in one or two weeks and either had to take a long time to think of a good video idea, or upload filler content only to split that inactivity in half but possibly lower the quality of your content?
You should not be opposed to producing "filler content". If you hope for every video you produce to be a blockbuster based on some moment of creative inspiration then you will probably not produce much at all.

By producing videos that are really just there to fill the void until you get some great idea you are:

- learning about video production
- discovering the likes and dislikes of your viewers
- building an audience
- stretching and exercising your creativity

Also, as many others on this forum will testify to, videos that you consider as "fillers" can sometimes become your most popular uploads, whilst the videos you pin your hopes on can often flop.

Just get out there and start filming.

And best of luck with it.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should not be opposed to producing "filler content". If you hope for every video you produce to be a blockbuster based on some moment of creative inspiration then you will probably not produce much at all.

By producing videos that are really just there to fill the void until you get some great idea you are:

- learning about video production
- discovering the likes and dislikes of your viewers
- building an audience
- stretching and exercising your creativity

Also, as many others on this forum will testify to, videos that you consider as "fillers" can sometimes become your most popular uploads, whilst the videos you pin your hopes on can often flop.

Just get out there and start filming.

And best of luck with it.
I can agree with you on this, the videos that I feel like I just have to film until I can have better content sometimes ended up getting the most views than the ones that I thought would do amazon. So now I just go with most of my ideas unless it’s terrible then I would trash it.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Bomber Brigade

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had times where I went through this. It's always best to wait until that idea comes into mind or something you want to do comes up that you can make content for. Pushing out something just for the sake of it isn't going to have the same quality as a video with a fleshed out idea.