No copyright music?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey yters, so I'm really tired of using the same music over and over from the audio library but I'm not sure where else to get music so that I don't have any copyright issues. I also noticed that a lot of videos have popular songs, like the other day I saw one with Shape of You in it.. I it was a remix but it left me wondering how that was possible without copyright.

Where do you guys find the music for your videos? How can I include an actual song into my videos?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I get music for my vlogs from Epidemic Sound. Costs me like £10 a month but it's worth it since the music is a ton better than anywhere else I've looked.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Remix songs are not ok to a certain point, if you are remixing you are only doing it for non-commercial videos. I'm sure you heard of a popular lawsuit of a certain someone remixing a very old song and selling it but that person lost due to copying the song without permission.

Always get permission if you planning to make money on someone's else work.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You could have a look on soundcloud, always ask for permission before you use though!
A lot of music I've found is really nice, and people are usually okay with you using it as long as you give credit

and ofc, just googling 'royalty free music' is always a good thing

Conight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could just change the pitch of the music, because I make comedy videos it sometimes fits better then the original piece of music

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just search 'copyright free music' or 'copyright free background music' and other variations of these searches then download it on my ipad using apps that download videos online. You also could get permission from creators on YouTube by asking through email and stick to there guidlines on the videos you have their music in.