No copy right music channels... Scams?

ShesHotBro

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I'm somewhat of a newbie filmmaker, (FINALLY FOLLOWING MY DREAMS! YAY!) and was recently looking for music that didn't cost £50 a pop and stumbled onto somewhat of a grey area of copyrighting issues.

I've recently discovered channels that provide no copy right, royalty free music. *No channels mentioned* A lot of these tracks are very good and it got me thinking HOW they manage to get away with reloading other peoples work. Now, I ask because there's waves and waves of 'compilation videos' that get taken down and flagged for copyrighting, ect and result in channels being shut down. So the question is, how do the music channels get away with it?

After doing a bit of research, I found there are licences that can be used in order to use royalty free music on actual content but cannot be uploaded if the audio is what brings people to the videos/channel and they aren't allowed to monetize if they do. So as a filmmaker/gamer, you can use these tracks, but of course the channels I mention only upload music with audio spectrums.

So the point being, how are they not being flagged? I heard that you need to PAY for licenses, yet multiple channels seem to put things in the description of the video, things like 'If there are any copyright issues, email me and prove that you are the copyright holder and I will remove the video right away'.

So that means they haven't got a licence and just upload and prey that they don't get flagged, right?

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the rant, I don't want to risk being flagged any time in my future career!

Paul.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the rant, I don't want to risk being flagged any time in my future career!
So basically you are planning to open a No Copyright Music channel? :)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the copyright discussion forum. :)

It depends a lot on the terms of the producer's licensing. If they've put the piece into the creative commons with commercial use allowed, then it is possible that all you need to do is write their source info into the description. If they want you to buy a license, then you need to buy a license. Sometimes you need to renew online video music licenses after a certain amount of time has passed. Some say "no" to all use of their music and issue take-downs on YouTube. Copyright holders can do whatever they want, and each situation is different...