Nintendo pulls support from Youtube Live

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What the heck does this mean? Does this mean I can't stream later on in the future even if I wanted to??

It says here under questions and answers:

Q.Can I do a live broadcast featuring Nintendo game(s) on the channel I have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program?
|
A.Live streaming on YouTube falls outside the scope of the Nintendo Creators Program. You cannot broadcast content on YouTube Live from the account you have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program.

Does this mean entire channels that are registered or channel that register individual videos or all of them?[DOUBLEPOST=1506864084,1506847846][/DOUBLEPOST]
What the heck does this mean? Does this mean I can't stream later on in the future even if I wanted to??

It says here under questions and answers:

Q.Can I do a live broadcast featuring Nintendo game(s) on the channel I have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program?
|
A.Live streaming on YouTube falls outside the scope of the Nintendo Creators Program. You cannot broadcast content on YouTube Live from the account you have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program.

Does this mean entire channels that are registered or channel that register individual videos or all of them?

Ok, I found an answer I think. It only affects channels that have the whole entire channel registered, Nintendo could've been a little more clear on that but oh well.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I received this email from Nintendo:

Thank you for using the Nintendo Creators Program.

We have updated the Nintendo Creators Program User Guide with information on how revenue generated during live stream broadcasts on YouTube will be handled in the Nintendo Creators Program. (https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/).

Live streaming on YouTube falls outside the scope of the Nintendo Creators Program. This means that you cannot broadcast content on YouTube Live from the account you have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program. Please check the user guide for details.

Thank you for your ongoing support of the Nintendo Creators Program. As YouTube continues to evolve, we will work to provide you timely information to help you manage your account with the Nintendo Creators Program.
I read that as, "The Nintendo Creators Program does not support livestreaming of Nintendo's Content." I'd imagine they are working on something else for livestreaming, but to me, I don't think it's covered by the program atm.

Further down their "guide" (linked above) says this, which is interesting:
Live streaming on YouTube falls outside the scope of the Nintendo Creators Program. You cannot broadcast content on YouTube Live from the account you have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program. If you plan to broadcast content on YouTube Live, you have a couple of options. First, you can broadcast content on YouTube Live from a channel that is not registered to the Nintendo Creators Program. Or, you can cancel your channel's registration to the Nintendo Creators Program and instead, register your videos containing Nintendo’s IP to the program separately. Videos which had previously been registered through your channel would need to be reregistered individually.

Reactions: Devin

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Another one that will leave the internet wet with tears. But they set the rules as they own the copyright. Just unlink your channel or start a new one. I do expect more changes in the future but who knows what. They did after all say they can change anything anytime when ncp started

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another one that will leave the internet wet with tears. But they set the rules as they own the copyright. Just unlink your channel or start a new one. I do expect more changes in the future but who knows what. They did after all say they can change anything anytime when ncp started
Pardon? I'm not leaving the internet wet with tears I simply didn't understand what it meant. It hardly affects me since I don't stream.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Pardon? I'm not leaving the internet wet with tears I simply didn't understand what it meant. It hardly affects me since I don't stream.
No not you. Just that there is a subset of Nintendo fans and video makers who really went crazy when Nintendo started NCP and said things like “what! They don’t want free advertising?!” Or “they can’t do that! It’s fair use!” And so on.

You know. Jim silver, the angry schmoe, etc.

I guess it means live streams don’t follow the same rules. But simply by unlinking the channel you can get around it. The catch is that channels who registered will go from 70% to 60 if they live stream on the same channel.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No not you. Just that there is a subset of Nintendo fans and video makers who really went crazy when Nintendo started NCP and said things like “what! They don’t want free advertising?!” Or “they can’t do that! It’s fair use!” And so on.

You know. Jim silver, the angry schmoe, etc.

I guess it means live streams don’t follow the same rules. But simply by unlinking the channel you can get around it. The catch is that channels who registered will go from 70% to 60 if they live stream on the same channel.
Oh yeah lol. There are too many people that whine about this stuff, Lot of other Japanese companies issue claims such as Bandi Namco, Konami to name a few

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The issue always lies in the fact that Nintendo owns their property and can do whatever they want. Just because other companies allow it doesn't mean they have to. But these guys are too stupid and stubborn to understand because 'omg i have to cover the newest games cuz views and moneys'.

Joe is the worst. He knows about Nintendo. He makes videos complaining about Nintendo. Then he tries to monetize a Nintendo video and rants when it gets claimed. Just don't do it man.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Reactions: Devin

ericshift1

Reaction score
Doesn't the NCP work off of Content ID claims, which don't work on live streams? You cannot take revenue from a stream using Content ID (you can take down the stream if they broadcast a lot of matching visual content).