Nintendo Creators Program - for fan films/music vids?

Forest_Imp

Reaction score
So, does anyone know if Nintendo's "Creators Program" extends beyond partnering for videos containing gaming footage (let's plays, etc)? I want to make a short fan film/music video based on one of Nintendo's properties and it seems like the Creators Program *might* be a way to avoid incurring Nintendo's wrath (like that cheesy full-length Zelda fan film did some years back when they pulled it). Granted, there are tons of music covers and short films all over YT based on Nintendo properties but...maybe they're just lucky.

The reason I ask is that I just watched a recently uploaded Nintendo short film and in the credits, the creator wrote:

"I have a license to use Nintendo’s content in this video through the Nintendo Creators Program. This video is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, but any advertising revenue from this video will be shared with Nintendo."

The language in the Creators Program terms doesn't specifically address this kind of content. Any thoughts?

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried contacting the Creators Program and see if they will grant you a shared licence on the strength of your idea? I would do that 1st.
Nintendo are renound for slapping channels that use their intellectual property without permission so if you want to keep your channel I wouldn't risk it without prior permission

Matthew_Greg

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't partner with them, they are just greedy and will syphon everything and anything they can from your work, maybe even without paying you...