Nintendo copyright rules

six cylinder

Keeping Yttalk safe since 1967 im the Vigilante
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
so If I want to do a commentary can I use nintendo gameplay int the backround?

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if its not monetized, because nintendo is usually a butt when it comes to stuff like let's plays and people using their content :p

FFSLetsPlay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
if its not monetized, because nintendo is usually a butt when it comes to stuff like let's plays and people using their content :p
So it's allowed as long as it isn't monetized? wont some partnerships be a little fussy over the content when they check out your channel?

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So it's allowed as long as it isn't monetized? wont some partnerships be a little fussy over the content when they check out your channel?
it depends on the company some but generally yes if you don't make money off videos then companies really don't care but if you get copyrights then great! I know people like nintendo, 2k, and capcom are usually annoying with rights so :p. also depends on the partnership, I have never been in one but ive seen how some act to certain situations

FFSLetsPlay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
it depends on the company some but generally yes if you don't make money off videos then companies really don't care but if you get copyrights then great! I know people like nintendo, 2k, and capcom are usually annoying with rights so :p. also depends on the partnership, I have never been in one but ive seen how some act to certain situations
No idea why they are so annoying with copyright stuff. People promoting them for free can do them good.

DeathJohnson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
There are some companies that hate the use of their content even if it isn't monetized, but I've only run into an issue with that once.