Nintendo copyright bull

Bubbly Turtle

I find it very annoying that Nintendo has very little understanding for Gamers who enjoy playing Nintendo games. Copyright claims always appear when I upload Nintendo based games such as MarioKart. The inability to monetize games that you voice over has drove many Gaming youtubers to stop showing Nintendo games.

What are your thoughts on this? I personal wish you could monetize Nintendo games since Nintendo is indeed my favorite gaming company.

From what I heard, Nintendo and Saga are the worst when it comes to this. Best to play games that won't get you claims on until they sort themselves out :)

Just be thankful of the game companies that do let you monetize videos of their games... As no company has to let you earn money from their product just because you talked over the game!

I find it very annoying that Nintendo has very little understanding for Gamers who enjoy playing Nintendo games. Copyright claims always appear when I upload Nintendo based games such as MarioKart. The inability to monetize games that you voice over has drove many Gaming youtubers to stop showing Nintendo games.

What are your thoughts on this? I personal wish you could monetize Nintendo games since Nintendo is indeed my favorite gaming company.
"Very Little" Thats why they are working on a program where you can monetize Nintendo content on Youtube. They already have it going on Japanese Youtube-like site. Of-course on Youtube, Nintendo will still get a small cut, but you still earn money from it also. Nintendo has also done some stuff with Youtubers for commericials and ect. It's still working its way in the west though.

People think Nintendo is all against the internet, and while it has took them a while, they are growing fast and arn't as closed as people say they are. And other developers don't allow Youtube also, not just Nintendo.

Yeah I stay away from Nintendo, SEGA, WB etc... I have a general rule: If I can't let's play it, I don't buy it.
But I make a few exceptions and usually I don't buy it straight away, e.g. Shadow of Mordor, I really want it but since I can't LP it, it's not a beneficial to me for anything other than entertainment that I can get anytime I want, so I may as well get it cheaper. Like Batman The Arkham Knight, I'll be skipping that 1 for a while since WB are publishing it, although I almost cancelled a $200 pre-order for The Witcher 3 when I found out WB was publishing that 1 too, fortunately CD Projekt Red still own the copyrights to the actual game and are the 1s who control who can and can't post footage for it, I wouldn't have mind so much since I'm the 1 that would have saved $200. I don't agree with Nintendo taking a cut, but since they are I'd expect 2 very unlikely but logical things to happen if they do: 1) I get a cut of profits of sales generated from people who watched my vids and bought thier game OR 2) They give me a discount equivalent to the cut they'll take which because the cut is an ongoing thing would result in free games for the content creator. Like I said, unlikely, so I'll stay away from those companies.

there is some companies out there who are ok with that like rockstar, ubisoft, blizzard etc...nintendo are so close minded with their old games lol the mario's games are the face of nintendo thats why they protect it so much lol no mario no nintendo, simple as that.

Maybe, just try enjoy the games for what they are and give up worrying about monetising videos of their products. They have every right to protect or block whatever they want, that's the beauty of copyright claims in a free market set-up. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1416741251,1416740980][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I stay away from Nintendo, SEGA, WB etc... I have a general rule: If I can't let's play it, I don't buy it.
But I make a few exceptions and usually I don't buy it straight away, e.g. Shadow of Mordor, I really want it but since I can't LP it, it's not a beneficial to me for anything other than entertainment that I can get anytime I want, so I may as well get it cheaper. Like Batman The Arkham Knight, I'll be skipping that 1 for a while since WB are publishing it, although I almost cancelled a $200 pre-order for The Witcher 3 when I found out WB was publishing that 1 too, fortunately CD Projekt Red still own the copyrights to the actual game and are the 1s who control who can and can't post footage for it, I wouldn't have mind so much since I'm the 1 that would have saved $200. I don't agree with Nintendo taking a cut, but since they are I'd expect 2 very unlikely but logical things to happen if they do: 1) I get a cut of profits of sales generated from people who watched my vids and bought thier game OR 2) They give me a discount equivalent to the cut they'll take which because the cut is an ongoing thing would result in free games for the content creator. Like I said, unlikely, so I'll stay away from those companies.

What happened to just playing games? Games as pure entertainment? Yeah, it's a new concept I believe! :p

Back