Nintendo claims almost everything I upload...

Even if YouTube's Content ID system doesn't detect that part of the content is owned by Nintendo, I'd still submit the individual videos to Nintendo's creator program. If they own whatever is being represented in the video, they deserve to know about the video have it registered in their database to earn some money from it.

They also have the option to submit your entire channel to their program, but I wouldn't do that unless your whole channel is about Nintendo...so be careful what you click on! :eek: I think the best deal is the option to submit individual videos. ^_^

You can still make videos of it :) they might claim or maybe not. If the video doesn't appear i think is copyright free
I wanted to comment on this because there's something very dangerous from a legal perspective here.

The simple fact is that when you get claims from Nintendo, it's because you're using content that they have copyrighted and have registered in content ID. However, just because they haven't registered all of their content in content ID does not mean that it's not copyrighted (either to them or to someone else) -- it just means it's not in the automatic content ID match database.

As long as the content ID claims are for the content that you're actually uploading, this is the system working as intended. In other words, if you get a claim for Breath of the Wild and you are actually using some sort of BotW content, then that's the system working as expected, and you shouldn't try to "get out of it". The Nintendo Creator Program is a gift that Nintendo offers to creators -- they don't HAVE to allow for revenue sharing for people using their content, but they choose to in certain cases.

Some developers are much more lenient about enforcing their copyright. They may not put in any of their content into content ID. I'd just stress that this does not mean the content is copyright free, but again, that you are getting a gift from those developers.

The only way to really "avoid" content ID matches completely is to create your own material that does not use anyone else's material. (And even then, you might have false content ID matches, but you could then dispute those)

I wanted to comment on this because there's something very dangerous from a legal perspective here.

The simple fact is that when you get claims from Nintendo, it's because you're using content that they have copyrighted and have registered in content ID. However, just because they haven't registered all of their content in content ID does not mean that it's not copyrighted (either to them or to someone else) -- it just means it's not in the automatic content ID match database.

As long as the content ID claims are for the content that you're actually uploading, this is the system working as intended. In other words, if you get a claim for Breath of the Wild and you are actually using some sort of BotW content, then that's the system working as expected, and you shouldn't try to "get out of it". The Nintendo Creator Program is a gift that Nintendo offers to creators -- they don't HAVE to allow for revenue sharing for people using their content, but they choose to in certain cases.

Some developers are much more lenient about enforcing their copyright. They may not put in any of their content into content ID. I'd just stress that this does not mean the content is copyright free, but again, that you are getting a gift from those developers.

The only way to really "avoid" content ID matches completely is to create your own material that does not use anyone else's material. (And even then, you might have false content ID matches, but you could then dispute those)

I know about all the legal issues that this involves, as a graphic designer, animator and gamer they gave me a class full of copyright what i meant of copyright free meant that you wouldn't get claim or strike for using the content in youtube meaning is fair use.

I know about all the legal issues that this involves, as a graphic designer, animator and gamer they gave me a class full of copyright what i meant of copyright free meant that you wouldn't get claim or strike for using the content in youtube meaning is fair use.

Unless a judge has declared your use to be a fair use, I would never assume it is. We simply do not have enough precedent in the YouTube space to be able to make a well-reasoned argument that any of a variety of cases are fair use. "copyright free" as a descriptor only applies to the public domain so I think it is irresponsible to use this term with respect to potential fair use cases that, as I mentioned, we don't have compelling legal precedent to assert.

I'd love to make a gameplay about a Nintendo game, for example, I'd love to make a blind gameplay about The Minish Cap, but with this copyright issue, it discouraged me to do that.

Back