Nintendo claims almost everything I upload...

GeekOvision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started off my new channel with a game I love, Breath of the Wild. Nintendo is notorious for claiming content, but I think I should finally try and find a way to avoid it. It's not as if I make money off my content, but going into the video manager tab and seeing literally 90% of my content claimed is kind of annoying. Anyone know a sure fire way to avoid this?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I started off my new channel with a game I love, Breath of the Wild. Nintendo is notorious for claiming content, but I think I should finally try and find a way to avoid it. It's not as if I make money off my content, but going into the video manager tab and seeing literally 90% of my content claimed is kind of annoying. Anyone know a sure fire way to avoid this?
You are aware that Nintendo has a content creator program ? - https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You are aware that Nintendo has a content creator program ? - https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/
The Nintendo Creator Program is great! You just sign up, submit the video, wait a few days, and Nintendo adds it to their list. Then you get to earn some money from your video. I have it set up so the money is sent to my paypal account directly from the Nintendo program. It seems like they have their threshold set at $0.01, so they start sending money fairly early on compared to Google Adsense (The Adsense threshold is $100). ^_^

I wish more big entertainment companies (Disney, Warner Brothers, etc...) would set something like this up for creators...

GeekOvision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are aware that Nintendo has a content creator program ? -
Thank you for reminding me, because last time I checked the program sucked. I don't believe it gave you the option to register singular videos when I last looked at it.

Reactions: Crown

GeekOvision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's nice that they give creators an opportunity like this but it wasn't always the best thing in the world, so I was always a bit hesitant to even meddle with it. I think I'll check it out again though. Thanks :)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wait...... so you can actually do a Nintendo video, add it to that Nintendo Program and start making as little as pennies on it and they send that straight to your Paypal???? Dude, I've been avoiding reviewing stuff like Mario RPG because I was afraid of messing with Nintendo.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Being a partner of nintendo myself, most of my breath of wild videos are claim because of the music. So I just add the ones they claim to their program and i get money for it either way! So yeah their threshold is $0.01 and they pay monthly no matter what you get.

So yes you can make nintendo videos and add them to their partnership program :)

Thank you for reminding me, because last time I checked the program sucked. I don't believe it gave you the option to register singular videos when I last looked at it.
Yes you have the option to add singular videos, that's what I do. The part that might suck is the
advertisement revenue share that is 70% for channels and 60% for videos.

So yeah I have a share of 60% on every video i have with them right now :)

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Ironically, Mario RPG is not on the list of games they cover, but hey, I'll find something.
You can still make videos of it :) they might claim or maybe not. If the video doesn't appear i think is copyright free

GeekOvision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ironically, Mario RPG is not on the list of games they cover, but hey, I'll find something.
Usually games from the N64 or older don't get copyright claimed, so older games are usually a safer bet if you don't feel like getting claimed. So play that Mario RPG to your hearts content.