Niche

CplDragon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really dont know what my niche is and im having a hard time any help i can get? and i dont do reaction videos on a daily it was a thing to gain traction click my link down below so you guys can help me find my niche thx :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, I haven't checked out your channel, because I don't want to determine your niche for you. However, I CAN help you determine your niche for yourself!

Your niche consists of two elements: Content and Audience.

Content
To determine your content, you can use the standard 'who, why, what' questions.

What do you film? Do you film your travels, hauls, opinions, reactions? You can do more than one thing of course. Look through your videos and try to categorize them. Also try to give a score to each video how much you enjoyed making them.

How do you film? Do you always sit down, do you walk around vlogging? And does this type of filming fit your content? If you are trying to film an opinion video, but you keep walking around in your room or outside, it might be very hard to follow. Or if you are talking about something you find annoying in your house, but you don't show the room or object, you lose a bit of engagement.

Why do you film? Probably the most important question. WHY did you film the videos you've made? Was it for money, or fame, or traction? Because I can tell you there is only one reason why you should film and that is because it makes you HAPPY! Look back at the first question and categorize why you made your videos and how likely you are to make them again based on how much effort and fun they were.

Audience
Who do you film for? It is really important to know your audience/target group. You can divide them into two sections: Expected Audience and Actual Audience. Your Expected Audience are the people you THINK will watch your videos. The Actual Audience are the people ACTUALLY watching your vids! You can very easily look this up in the demograpics of the analytics page on youtube. This distinction is important, because you can make videos thinking that people of your age are watching it, but if it turns out your actual audience is much younger, you will have to adjust your tone and references. Same goes if your audience is older than you think, or more male balanced than female, etc.
So, to determing you Expected Audience, write down their demographics. Where is your audience living? How old are they? How many of them are male or female? Will they mostly be single or married? All these things can help you determine how well your audience will understand your feelings, opinions and jokes.
To determine you Actual Audience, you open up the demographic tab and write down the same things next to the answers of your Expected Audience. Do they match? How are they different?

When do you upload? This is very closely related to who your audience is. If your target group are mostly school kids, it won't help to upload at 10 am or 2 pm, because they will be at school. Uploading at 4 will guarantee most actually have access to their computer. The same applies to people who are working 9 to 5. Try to figure out WHEN your audience watches videos.

So, this turned out to be pretty long xD This might not be the answer you were looking for, but I don't just want to chew your food for you. Do some thinking, dive into the depts of your channel and figure out what makes it tick! It will help you in the long run :)

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
We shouldn't be the one to provide you with a niche. I would find something you love doing first and try to find a way to make it uniquely yours.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I had a mixed channel I went back over my videos and see which ones were viewed most / which one I enjoyed creating most and rebranded accordingly.