Newest Video: New Graphics

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm using the art I commissioned from Dutchie Abroad in this video. Please let me know If I used it effectively! Thanks!

ShadowSneakSirs

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to tell you that I really like the way you're speaking and I'm just trying to give you some good advice and not criticising without any reason. You've got some great potential and I'd definitely want you to keep it up ^^. In case you'd like to speak to me for sth, just PM me and maybe we could talk some time. ^^

Considering the Avatar usage etc. :

Well first thing I can really tell you : you want to really make sure something in your video is always moving!
What I mean by that is that you really want to make your videos more lively in some moments where you're not showing any gameplay.
If you want something more concrete : very much to the beginning (at 1min or sth. and also all over the whole video) you showed quite a lot of pictures with your avatar near them, but they were just popping out of the nowhere without any (really) animation and once they were there they were just standing still and did not move. If you don't have any experience considering keyframe-animations (eventhough I'd highly recommend them) there are also some predefined effects you could use in some programs like premiere or after effects. and if you can really not make your ''main'' content moving just make your avatar wiggle a little bit. It doesn't have to be fast, it's even better if it's rather slow but it should give the video ''the special something'' that makes it more watchable than it was even before. Just make your avatar move a little bit from left to right in a smooth and slow animation. since your opting for pictures (an avatar) instead of your real face (sth. I btw. find really cool and charming ^^) you just have to make sure it has to move a little bit like your face would when telling somebody about this game. To the positioning of the avatar : I can just tell you to scale him up a little so that he covers more of the black background. That makes people think he is important to the video and not just sth. that is there because well.. it is there now. You might also wanna move it to the right of the screen so that the biggest part of the screen can be used for footage or content.

To the video in general :

I really like the idea of how you go to the point : telling some jokes using transitions that go with the Video-theme, using comparisons and so on.
But your biggest mistake in your whole video is that you talked more than 2min. in a 10min. Video ( so basically a fifth ) WITHOUT using any gameplay and about 2min 30 without using gameplay of the actual game that you review. If you want to introduce your Review a little bit longer
- that's fine- but make sure you have gameplay in the background so your Video is more lively.
You have a rather funny sense of humor to me but don't forget that a lot of people could think it's too much.
When you made that rather long joke about Sekiro being the Japanese-kind-of-darksouls-thing you should've stopped after the second ''that means... but with... joke'' it might be funny but it makes you take longer to go to the interesting facts and makes you repeat the actual joke over and over again.

Otherwise I quite like the Video, it is rather interesting and overall rather good.
Pls don't think, I think you're bad. You just need to improve some things but once you do, your Videos will become really, really good.
As I said I'd quite like to talk to you some time.
See ya and keep it up! ^^

Reactions: Gits and Shiggles

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
How have I not seen this yet! First off, I think the video looks a lot more engaging than your first review video with the added graphics (and it's awesome to see my work in action :) ). About the use of the avatar, I have a few points that I agree on with Shadowsneak. You can use a small popping up animation when you switch from using gameplay footage to the avatar talking. Also think about your positioning. Sometimes the avatar kinda pops up further left then it was, negating the 'animation' effect you would have if you kept your avatar in one place. You'd also want to place him far left, so there is more space for the other visuals. I'd also advise to switch the pose more often (even if it feels like you're repeating the poses too much, it's better then having a static image). You do this really well in the first 30 seconds, but then in the minute that follows you only use a handful of poses. If you feel you need more variation in the arms or expressions, hit me up! Now that you're using them you probably have a better idea of what you need.

About the actual content: I'm no gamer, but I watched half your video before I knew it :p I agree with Shadowsneak that you stretch out the starting joke a bit too long, but overall you have an engaging voice and good script :)

Reactions: Gits and Shiggles

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all I'd like to tell you that I really like the way you're speaking and I'm just trying to give you some good advice and not criticising without any reason. You've got some great potential and I'd definitely want you to keep it up ^^. In case you'd like to speak to me for sth, just PM me and maybe we could talk some time. ^^

Considering the Avatar usage etc. :

Well first thing I can really tell you : you want to really make sure something in your video is always moving!
What I mean by that is that you really want to make your videos more lively in some moments where you're not showing any gameplay.
If you want something more concrete : very much to the beginning (at 1min or sth. and also all over the whole video) you showed quite a lot of pictures with your avatar near them, but they were just popping out of the nowhere without any (really) animation and once they were there they were just standing still and did not move. If you don't have any experience considering keyframe-animations (eventhough I'd highly recommend them) there are also some predefined effects you could use in some programs like premiere or after effects. and if you can really not make your ''main'' content moving just make your avatar wiggle a little bit. It doesn't have to be fast, it's even better if it's rather slow but it should give the video ''the special something'' that makes it more watchable than it was even before. Just make your avatar move a little bit from left to right in a smooth and slow animation. since your opting for pictures (an avatar) instead of your real face (sth. I btw. find really cool and charming ^^) you just have to make sure it has to move a little bit like your face would when telling somebody about this game. To the positioning of the avatar : I can just tell you to scale him up a little so that he covers more of the black background. That makes people think he is important to the video and not just sth. that is there because well.. it is there now. You might also wanna move it to the right of the screen so that the biggest part of the screen can be used for footage or content.

To the video in general :

I really like the idea of how you go to the point : telling some jokes using transitions that go with the Video-theme, using comparisons and so on.
But your biggest mistake in your whole video is that you talked more than 2min. in a 10min. Video ( so basically a fifth ) WITHOUT using any gameplay and about 2min 30 without using gameplay of the actual game that you review. If you want to introduce your Review a little bit longer
- that's fine- but make sure you have gameplay in the background so your Video is more lively.
You have a rather funny sense of humor to me but don't forget that a lot of people could think it's too much.
When you made that rather long joke about Sekiro being the Japanese-kind-of-darksouls-thing you should've stopped after the second ''that means... but with... joke'' it might be funny but it makes you take longer to go to the interesting facts and makes you repeat the actual joke over and over again.

Otherwise I quite like the Video, it is rather interesting and overall rather good.
Pls don't think, I think you're bad. You just need to improve some things but once you do, your Videos will become really, really good.
As I said I'd quite like to talk to you some time.
See ya and keep it up! ^^
That was way more informative and helpful than I was expecting anything to be, God bless you, sir. Sorry for the late reply by the way I had to move into my college dorm and that took up all my time for a while.

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How have I not seen this yet! First off, I think the video looks a lot more engaging than your first review video with the added graphics (and it's awesome to see my work in action :) ). About the use of the avatar, I have a few points that I agree on with Shadowsneak. You can use a small popping up animation when you switch from using gameplay footage to the avatar talking. Also think about your positioning. Sometimes the avatar kinda pops up further left then it was, negating the 'animation' effect you would have if you kept your avatar in one place. You'd also want to place him far left, so there is more space for the other visuals. I'd also advise to switch the pose more often (even if it feels like you're repeating the poses too much, it's better then having a static image). You do this really well in the first 30 seconds, but then in the minute that follows you only use a handful of poses. If you feel you need more variation in the arms or expressions, hit me up! Now that you're using them you probably have a better idea of what you need.

About the actual content: I'm no gamer, but I watched half your video before I knew it :p I agree with Shadowsneak that you stretch out the starting joke a bit too long, but overall you have an engaging voice and good script :)
Thanks for watching, I really appreciate the feedback and thanks again for doing those drawings for me!

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

ShadowSneakSirs

Reaction score
That was way more informative and helpful than I was expecting anything to be, God bless you, sir. Sorry for the late reply by the way I had to move into my college dorm and that took up all my time for a while.
No Problem, glad I could help you a little ^^