• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

NEWBIE to the forum. Hit 20K subs this week!

Scottnra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel hit 20K subs this past week but it seems like every milestone I hit, I take a revenue hit right along with it. watch time is saying about the same, views and subs going up. Does anyone know what the deal is with that? I know about the algorithm changes and made some changes about a month ago that really helped but as soon as I hit 20K Rev slides again.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow man 20K is a massive number. Big congrats to you! I'm not too sure what's happening with your numbers but hope you figure it out soon. Wouldn't be the best seeing one number go up and not the others with it :(. Your channel link also isn't working btw so we can't check out your stuff

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
20k! Whoa, thats awesome! But I did hear that with youtube, it goes up and down a lot. I guess its just being on top of your channel all the time and making sure you work hard on it ALL THE TIME and never getting comfortable! Keep doing what you're doing though, its working!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Congratz to 20k. I'm gonna approach 10k and can only dream to double one day. As for your revenue going down, I think it's normal as I've heard January is the worst month for revenue cuz it's right after the holidays and people don't have as much incentives to buy ads. I know my revenue has dropped as well.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Congratulations on getting 20k subscribers! I believe that I will never hit that mark!

Scottnra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm trying to figure out the the channel link thing here. I think I got it. I hope to give a few pointers to other from what I have learned as well as get more info, ideas etc. Changing around the ags was a big help and continues to be. Most of the time I enter search "terms". Like I just did a grinder review. So I went to the search window and let YT tell me what was popular search terms for it. Sart typing in a erm and look at all the auto fill data. Copy the top terms and then think of other ways and keep doing that until you max your tags. Not Maxing tags, I think is one of the biggest mistakes new and smaller YT'ers make.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Welcome, welcome! What a great size for a channel! I'm sure you have a lot to tell us. I look forward to future posts from you.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Lol that is a big number. Congrats and keep it up, hope you get even more soon :)