New YT Policy Causes Sub4Sub

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So in light of the new policy change many smaller YouTubers are banding together for support by subscribing to each other. I am a little bit leery about it because it resembles sub4sub in my opinion. I fear that it will give a bump in subs but audience retention and watch time will drop, which is where it matters.
Maybe if you need to get to 1k go for it but if not steer clear? What do you think?

Not to be cynical but the koombaya moment is cool but when that new video notification pops up are you going to watch it? And how long before you just unsubscribe from disinterest.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So in light of the new policy change many smaller YouTubers are banding together for support by subscribing to each other. I am a little bit leery about it because it resembles sub4sub in my opinion. I fear that it will give a bump in subs but audience retention and watch time will drop, which is where it matters.
Maybe if you need to get to 1k go for it but if not steer clear? What do you think?

Not to be cynical but the koombaya moment is cool but when that new video notification pops up are you going to watch it? And how long before you just unsubscribe from disinterest.
I would definitely count that as sub for sub, besides I don't see that things like that would get very far because:

A. They have to bring in 240,000 minutes of Watch Time.
B. YouTube said that they'll be reviewing the channels before enabling monetisation on them.

I doubt half of those people would be watching each other's channels, they would have just subscribed so that others subscribe back to them. They wouldn't have notifications on for each other or anything like that.

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would definitely count that as sub for sub, besides I don't see that things like that would get very far because:

A. They have to bring in 240,000 minutes of Watch Time.
B. YouTube said that they'll be reviewing the channels before enabling monetisation on them.

I doubt half of those people would be watching each other's channels, they would have just subscribed so that others subscribe back to them. They wouldn't have notifications on for each other or anything like that.
My thoughts exactly, I don't think there are any shortcuts. Just consistency and community, that's my 2018 motto!

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think a lot of the people that are doing it are missing that its 1000 subs AND 4000 HOURS of watch time. I could see doing it if you already had the watch time but was at 950 subs. but yes it would only gain you dead subscribers that wont be gaining you anything.

I wouldn't mind something that would help small channels connect and find each other based off the type of content they create, I would sub/sub channels that create similar content allowing us share idea's and watch each other video's and support each other that way. but that is the only way I could see it being beneficial to anyone.

Reactions: TheFreshBiz

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a lot of the people that are doing it are missing that its 1000 subs AND 4000 HOURS of watch time. I could see doing it if you already had the watch time but was at 950 subs. but yes it would only gain you dead subscribers that wont be gaining you anything.

I wouldn't mind something that would help small channels connect and find each other based off the type of content they create, I would sub/sub channels that create similar content allowing us share idea's and watch each other video's and support each other that way. but that is the only way I could see it being beneficial to anyone.
I wouldn't be mad at that either tbh there are a few good platforms to find fellow youtubers but none that I have seen that help you find people within your sub category. YTTalk should look into it lol I would be down, may be easier than we think, allow people to browse YouTubers by genre and feature 4 new creators each month within that sub category. hmmmmm I like it

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just watched a udemy course and the trainer mentioned using video sitemap generator to increase the views etc etc...first time i heard of it ...and not sure if it is worth the effort

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pointless. Watchtime will be absolute trash.

Reactions: Lock
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I still won't sub4sub, even though I get messages and comments asking me to do so all the time. I want real interaction with my viewers. I know all those new subs will 1. never watch my videos or 2. unsubscribe eventually, and that does nothing for watch time.

Reactions: Lock
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
although my channel is still small and has few videos. but I must continue to learn. No Cheat!!

but there is one thing I will never do. That is, sub4sub.

Even with the consequences of my channel is small for not doing Sub4sub.
have real people who like the content I serve and give real subscribe, to me that's the real pleasure