New Youtubers it won't happen overnight!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all ! I just wanted to give some encouragement. I am a new Youtuber as of the end of January of this year. I have posted about 59 videos and I have 904 subscribers. I have worked pretty hard to make sure that I am always trying have great content. For most Youtubers it is a slow and steady race. For some they find success pretty quickly. I say focus on great content, being consistent, and working on being the best you can be in front of the camera. That is all you can do honestly. Remember it won't happen overnight .. BUT if you work hard it WILL happen. How long have you been on YouTube? What is your progress like so far?

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Brunette! Well you are right, no one can expect a growth overnight because it requires a good chunk of luck. Well your growth is really good considering that you are in from my same period. It's nice of you asking how the other are doing!
Currently, after 5 months and 141 vids, I'm at 89 subs and despite I know it may be considered a reeeeeeeeally slow growth I always try to find the bright side: I need to improve everything I can related to video quality. Of course different paces in growth are also due to the content of the channel!

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Somebody who understands! I was talking to someone today who quit because they didn't get 100 subs in a month. Lots of massive YouTubers admit their growth at the start was tiny: it's not to do with the quality of their videos, it's just that they hadn't received enough exposure yet.

Great growth by the way - keep it up!! :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all ! I just wanted to give some encouragement. I am a new Youtuber as of the end of January of this year. I have posted about 59 videos and I have 904 subscribers. I have worked pretty hard to make sure that I am always trying have great content. For most Youtubers it is a slow and steady race. For some they find success pretty quickly. I say focus on great content, being consistent, and working on being the best you can be in front of the camera. That is all you can do honestly. Remember it won't happen overnight .. BUT if you work hard it WILL happen. How long have you been on YouTube? What is your progress like so far?
Pretty similar to what I preach.

You will either get big within the first few months or it'll be nice and slow (and you might never ascend to 100k). You need to have love for creating, if you don't you'd best quit. YouTube fame is for the 0.01%, the other 99.9% get to grow slowly or not at all. I have been at it for 3 years and am at 3.2k subscribers. That would be painfully slow if 100k is your goal. I'd love to hit that number myself, don't get me wrong, but it is not a necessity. I love the hobby, and the prospect that I could make it a job excites me, but it does not inhibit me when it does not happen. If anything, it is liberating. When you see some of the comments others in my genre get... Yeah, I am good. Good!

Ash27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We just started a month ago, 20 vids, 132 subs. I started it as a way to meet people and develop a hobby. Regardless of subs we are having fun and I look forward to making new videos. Youtube should be done for passion, your post is spot on!

Reactions: Sam4God

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yup, keep on pushing. as many have said its the long game, if you don't enjoy making content you will never win youtube :)

i started 8 months ago and my little corner of the internet has 2,168 subs and 378k views

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think we just passed 7 months. It's been a tough slog, full-time youtubing for myself, and part-time for the kids on weekends and after school. It's the challenge that motivates me, plus the kids love to do videos and try out new toys and experiences they would not otherwise try.
I think we just about hit 7.5k subs and just passed 4m views with just under 100 videos. Nothing happened for the first 3 months, and I mean absolutely nothing. All that was heard was the sound of crickets out in cyberspace. You need to have the belief in what you're doing and the drive to stick it out for the dry spell at the start (unless as mentioned you're in the 0.01% who hits it out the gate at the start).
Good luck to all!

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been at it for a year (reviving a dead channel for an animal shelter where I volunteer). I'm unsatisfied with my progress (350 new subs and $50 in YouTube earnings). However, I know I can do better and I have ideas on how to provide content that is more unique and that I haven't seen on any pet channels. Knowing I have more in me keeps me motivated.

Last edited:

KrakenSoup

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Started end of March and sitting on 34 subs now (after 46 vids). It is hard work and can be very frustrating more because the hardwork I put in doesn't seem to gain any traction but when I do get progress it is incredibly satisfying. I have to remind myself that even though it is difficult, end of the day it is something that I do enjoy and one day I will get the growth I desire!

Anyway, its good that you're (and others) having such success with your progress and I hope its keeps going, we'll got a long way to go!

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's been 7 months for me, I started in December 2015. I have nearly 1,200 subscribers now. Probably would have been more successful had I made more videos more consistently; I've only made 10 so far. I recently started uploading every week, which has been really good for my channel.

I agree that for most people it's a slow climb. Even after you pass each milestone, things don't magically go faster.