New Youtube videos not buffering

Blue_Angel

Reaction score
Over the last week or two the people I watch's videos haven't been buffering as normal. I tried old videos and they work fine, 720p 60fps but videos that come out now have buffering problems. Them same settings on a video that has come out in the last week or two struggle to buffer but older vids work just fine. And a youtuber called Galm, his new vids work fine to. So why is every other video being uploaded having trouble buffering???? Old vids work and Galms work but every other new vid struggles to buffer. Hmmmm, maybe Galms new vids were made before this lag bug hit... That would explain why his videos work fine, or he's doing something different. I've tried tons of stuff. It all seems to just be that new Youtube videos being made have buffering problems. And as far as I can tell it's just me with this problem :(... Why do Galms vids work fine but everything else struggles.. The only thing it leads to is something has changed with Youtube. Virus maybe, they're under attack. ... I tried the Youtube app on PS4 to and that had trouble. Old videos work so can't be my connection. I'm going nuts with this thing x/........ Hopefully it's just a matter of Youtube needing to fix something. Because I can't find anything at all. O and it started happening around the Windows 10 creator update to. But that just seems to be a coincidence. I'm pooped with all of this lol.. Thanks for any help :).

Bonestaf

Reaction score
Some sorts of videos are much more easily compressed. For example a video showing a single image with music playing in the background and that is because (simplifying it) many video compression algorithms assume there is some connection between subsequent frames and only encode the difference between groups of frame sequences.
What's more, if the video you are watching has not been viewed many times then it is probably not cached yet on a server near you and you have to download the video stream from a far a way datacenter and sometimes from a server that is overloaded because the video has not yet beed copied to many other servers.

Reactions: Blue_Angel

Blue_Angel

Reaction score
Everything's ok now. It was Youtube. Whatever was going on had nothing to do with my PC. Thank god. Everything's been ok now since then. They must have been fiddling with things. The buffer icon is just a ring now instead of that ball spinning one lol.