GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou,

Just got a new email of a YouTube scam, I guess they are going to start sending this to more and more people. I think someone here just fell for it so remember these 2 Red Flags:
1. Email address is NOT from YouTube/Google: youtube.spam.control@mail.ru <-- this can mean mail comes from Russia
2. YouTube or any company WILL NEVER ask for your password in an email.
3. YouTube will not tell you to NOT upload new videos. The only way they can do this is if your channel received a strike for breaking community guidelines and the system will not let you upload for 1 week. 2 strikes = 2 weeks and 3 strikes = channel termination.

DON'T reply to the email even if you want to insult them or troll them, you don't want them to know it's an active email!
Good Luck and be very careful

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for the info. It's really sneaky when they use the YouTube logo like that. I'm sure lots of people fall for it.

Another technique they use to detect if you've opened the email - They send the email in html format and within the email they put a tiny image that is hosted on a server they own. The image is just a white pixel so you can' t see it. But if the email is opened, that image is viewed and it registers as a hit on their server stats. Very sneaky. ^^

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the info. It's really sneaky when they use the YouTube logo like that. I'm sure lots of people fall for it.

Another technique they use to detect if you've opened the email - They send the email in html format and within the email they put a tiny image that is hosted on a server they own. The image is just a white pixel so you can' t see it. But if the email is opened, that image is viewed and it registers as a hit on their server stats. Very sneaky. ^^
That's THE reason why I prefer to use offline clients in general, because you can choose who's images you want to download.

Reactions: Crown

KennyT

Reaction score
Thanks, these guys never rest trying to find new ways to f**k us. Although most of us understand that YouTube would never ask for our password probably a lot of people already fell for it. so its good to know anyway.

Reactions: GameVestment