New youtube mini update?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
So I notice now that i can see a small preview of the video before clicking it! This is nice! Since you can get a small preview before clicking the video, giving you an idea of how the video looks. This work for people who are looking for specific videos! So no more rick XD!!

Here are my recommended and as you can see when i hover over the first video fo Let's Play it shows me a preview,

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm more surprised that your YouTube page is dark :O

Me too. I also really want to know how jawbreakers break jaws. :p

On a serious note, yes, this is the new animated gif thing for thumbnails. I wonder if they'll keep this feature or if it's a test? I remember they introduced animated gifs in banners for a while and then gave up on the idea.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does that mean everyone will start making a 3 second "in this video..." preview again? Followed by the 5 second intro, then the start...

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On a serious note, yes, this is the new animated gif thing for thumbnails. I wonder if they'll keep this feature or if it's a test?
I remember originally reading about animated thumbnails last summer so hopefully the last year was a big enough test to where they start rolling it out faster

Reactions: FraYoshi and Crown

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I agree, it's useful. Now when I need to see gameplay samples I will finally be able to know in advance if they contain a webcam with an overreacting guy covering a quarter of the screen.
The best comment in all eternity!

Reactions: FraYoshi