New Youtube Layout?

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey guys,
so I was just browsing on youtube, and when I clicked on my channel suddenly everything looked different, so I went back to the home page and everything still looked different.
Has anyone noticed that change yet? Is it active for everyone or just a few people so far? If you have seen it what do you think?
I personally think it looks really horrible, everything looks too big and spread out in my opinion. i'm a big fan for "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" . I feel like a new layout was the least of their problems right now.
But what do you think?

Bluebird

Reaction score
It was horrible and borderless. I quickly reverted back and when asked for the reason why I didn't like the new layout, I didn't leave a reply because I thought because I was using a cheap laptop. No way, YT would upgrade the site to look so horrible. Right? I mean who would pay countless people to do a downgrade. Plus, they must have hired a designer. So, it must be the laptop... then I read on reddit.... so it wasn't my laptop after all.

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I liked the old layout the most.The new layout is also not bad it has some great feature like dark mode, a cleaner look but still I love the old layout.As you said everything looks too big, I agree with you!

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I also reverted back to the old style pretty quickly! In my line of work in IT, I've seen something that may explain why they are toying with this new look.

If a software vendor can use html5 and javascript to create a clean UI that renders well on all manner of devices and screen sizes because it works in all browsers and people adopt it, they can phase out any dedicated apps or clients for devices. This saves a ton of money and effort in the long run.

I'm not saying that is the reason, but it could be. I think the old Youtube style of page is not great for all devices and screens.

Maybe someone else knows the real reason for this change by youtube? :)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I dislike it.
The old one is much better.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well you're in luck because they're not just updating the YouTube UI. They're updating the creator studio UI & features as well. xD

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It was horrible and borderless. I quickly reverted back and when asked for the reason why I didn't like the new layout, I didn't leave a reply because I thought because I was using a cheap laptop. No way, YT would upgrade the site to look so horrible. Right? I mean who would pay countless people to do a downgrade. Plus, they must have hired a designer. So, it must be the laptop... then I read on reddit.... so it wasn't my laptop after all.
How did you revert back? Is there an option I'm missing somewhere? If I could revert back I'd drop everything and do it lol[DOUBLEPOST=1501088980,1501088619][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well you're in luck because they're not just updating the YouTube UI. They're updating the creator studio UI & features as well. xD
Yay. Very Lucky.
I've also read now they're going to take away the online video editor too, which for me isn't a big deal but I could imagine other people needing it or wanting to use it.

Bluebird

Reaction score
It was so sudden, plus it appeared only once, so I can't exactly recreate it. But I remembered something showed up and I clicked on it to revert. Then I was asked the reason why I didn't like the new UI.

I wouldn't be surprise if YT got rid of that button by now too.

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Ah, maybe they got rid of it then, I didn't see anything like that. The more I look at the layout the more I don't like it tbh.

Reactions: Bluebird