Hot Topic ** NEW youtube features. YouTube Backstage (all discussion goes here) **

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
Was just thinking - it would be nice if they also created tools to help facilitate contests and giveaways. I know this is controversial for various reasons like temporary subscribers and things.
But the fact is that people want to give away things to their YouTube subs sometimes - honestly, I think giveaways should be targeted only towards subs which is where subscriber-exclusive content comes into play. But the fact is there's no real right and sure-fire way to do it. If the instructions are to leave a comment, who's to say there could be an issue where your comment doesn't show up to whoever's monitoring the comments?

Reactions: chottom

IsntChrisL

Easily Distracted
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If it caught on it'd be nice to not have to juggle as many social media accounts, I suppose.

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
Personally I'd like a subscription section as it is, but add the backstage as a new thread, a seperate section (kinda like how Instagram introduced stories or Twitter and moments) so its seperate .

I'll use the new backstage bit but if it becomes uncontrolled spam, the subscription feed is gonna look horrid, at least Twitter has lists

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I really like this idea, as long as it doesn't become the next Google+ and also doesn't contain various amounts of spam then I'm looking forward to it :) I just really hope YouTube doesn't do the thing it always does with it again and push the massive youtubers to the top of every feed, cause that would be such a big turnoff for me.