Hot Topic ** NEW youtube features. YouTube Backstage (all discussion goes here) **

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hardly use social media. If it wasn't for me being a YouTuber I wouldn't even have a Twitter or FB, so this doesn't interest me at all. I think it's cool tho for the people who will be able to take advantage of this to become more active with their sub base. Unfortunately it said they will launch with select few popular accounts....so I care even less now.

Reactions: Loki Doki

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
thoughts?
This is cool but there's a downfall in trying to lock all engagement into one area. The biggest by far is limiting social engagement to those that use YouTube on a regular basis. A large chunk of my videos come from other sites embedding the content, thus, most of the engagement takes place on that particular site. It seems like that's a better fit than trying to engage via YouTube.

The pro about this is that it can lend to higher engagement from creators themselves with their subscribers. That's a big plus for YouTuber fans that want to feel a bit more exclusive. We'll see how it goes.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is super cool! Odd, saying YouTube is for videos, but cool nonetheless!

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks cool to me, good opportunities to keep in touch with the subscribers/community and not leaving the platform for it.
Standing still is not on option for youtube, other social sites move toward youtube so they have to respond as well or risk losing favor in the near future (look at what happened with Yahoo after Google came).

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks cool to me, good opportunities to keep in touch with the subscribers/community and not leaving the platform for it.
Standing still is not on option for youtube, other social sites move toward youtube so they have to respond as well or risk losing favor in the near future (look at what happened with Yahoo after Google came).
this is how i pretty much see it. worst case is it doesn't work out and they stop it. got to keep moving forward as you say, could be fun for us

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I like the idea of backstage videos. So basically subscribers only vids. This is where the sub specials and anniversary videos should go :)

but as its only for popular users we are unlikely to see it until ages later.
I'm hoping you can turn it off to, because I know some people, especially bigger channels that post 4-5 videos a day are going to be spamming the home page/notifications big time

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I suspect it'll be in beta for about six months, then probably be abandoned. I can't imagine it working for YouTube the way they expect it to.