New YouTube feature idea

Do you think YouTube should have a Featured that Offer small channels more exposure ?

• Yes, It feels a bit unfair

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No , It's all about our efforts

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a little thought that maybe YouTube could do more to help out small channels like ourselves. They should have a section like trendning where they add smaller channels to it every week and try and get some new talent out there. what do you think?

Reactions: Dave2017

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought YouTube started something like this not too long ago. I might be mistaken though haha

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a little thought that maybe YouTube could do more to help out small channels like ourselves. They should have a section like trendning where they add smaller channels to it every week and try and get some new talent out there. what do you think?
They have this. It's called "On The Rise" initiative. Any channel with over 1000 subscribers can get featured. They have some requirements, but also they do manual review, so once you get to over 1000 subscribers (which is really small by YouTube's magnitudes) you are eligible (probably some luck is needed as well).

Reactions: Crown

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As Hirudov mentioned above, the One the Rise initiative is very hard to get into. I'd recommend trying to improve your SEO, I think the search bar is a small YouTubers best friend. You can rank higher than videos with tons of views as long as you have the right Keywords, description, and tags. I wouldn't worry about growth too much anyway, just focus on your content and the rest will happen naturally.

Earl Cooper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Designer
I am starting to wonder why YouTube hasn't made much of a better effort to open a section of YouTube to all upcoming your tubers to get exposure

SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT!

[DOUBLEPOST=1500770412,1500767569][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's great! I was thinking about a tab that that break down " Up and coming" " And Continue "