New YouTube feature called: "Creator on the Rise"

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow I love this! Now, if only I had 1,000 subscribers. What a cool idea.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Probably because there aren't any stars in PR :eek: :roflmao2:

I see it but has only one video that shows "Artist on the Rise" from a 19k sub creator. This thing probably has it's own algorithm for determining who sees what creator on the rise.
We have freaking people who think they can sing as the top here on PR ... I wanna be on top... I will be on top *mumbles*

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The YouTube Blog just uploaded an update about a tab on the trending page for 'on the rise' YouTubers.

"More great videos are uploaded to YouTube today than ever before. New formats are being created and new stars and artists are being born every moment. With more than 1,000 creators crossing the 1,000 subscriber threshold every single day, new talent is constantly emerging. We want to celebrate these up-and-coming creators and artists and help them build a bigger audience.

Starting today, we’ll highlight creators and artists who are “On The Rise” in a new section of our Trending Tab in the United States. Each week, four different creators and artists will be highlighted and featured for a full day on Trending with the following badges: Creator on the Rise or Artist on the Rise (music content).

Any creator or artist with over 1,000 subscribers is eligible to be featured. On The Risecreators and artists will be highlighted based on a bunch of factors including viewcount, watchtime and subscriber growth. Our team is also involved in the process to help select which eligible creators will be featured.

Two creators and two artists will be highlighted each week; we’ll let them know when they are featured so they can share the moment with their fans, old and new! We hope this will help the world discover inspirational new creators."

Is this what everyone here was asking for forever!? 4 will be featured each week.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes finally! It doesn't matter to me but others will be happy. You better have a high retention rate and view count! I don't think YouTube is picking channels with 2000 subscribers but videos with 125 views each

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know the person who was chosen as the first one, called internationally me. She was one of 16 people invited to something (I think) called youtube next step, which was in Tokyo and other cities too. It could be very likely that if you have any contact with youtube, you could be featured someday. of course if they aren't talking to you, then they don't know you....
Yes - most of Japanese big channels are "hand made". Having a buddy among YouTube Japan staff is a real game changer (irrelevant of what kind of stuff you upload).

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes - most of Japanese big channels are "hand made". Having a buddy among YouTube Japan staff is a real game changer (irrelevant of what kind of stuff you upload).
Yea I guess. I'm still doing OMB

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh come on youtube"1000 subs"really?getting to 500 is already a pain do we have to go sub4sub for this :cry2::cry2:at least they could use a different way to select people for this.Seems to me like it might promote more sub4sub and god knows how horrible sub4sub channels are.

Brilli2K

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This looks like an interesting tool for promotion